Celebrity Equinox August 29

dcgeorgie

Hi - There appears to be two links now for the August 29th Equinox cruise - as I have replied to David and David from Scotland this morning. We are very excited to be on this cruise that we actually booked in May 2010 - so the countdown has been long! We arrive in Rome on the 26th of August for a couple of days of sightseeing prior to departure on the 29th. Looks like there are at least 6 of us now!

Bill and Denis

Hi

Il close the other posting if I can to avoid duplication

Just wondering if any others are on the above cruise with the wonderful Equinox. We were on it year and a half ago and its sister Eclipse last September and still say they were my two favourite cruise ships. Really looking forward to Istanbul, Mykinos and Santorini as never been to them before.

David and David

Cunard Queen Elizabeth March 11

Celebrity Summit Jan 11x2

Celebrity Eclipse Sep 10

RC Adventure of the Seas June 10

Celebrity Equinox Sep 09

PO Ventura May 09

Ocean Village 2 Jan 09

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Billden and thanks for the link. Hello to DCGeorgie and daffo1. I am writing for Bob and me (Dave). We are from SF & Boston and looking forward to the cruise. Did the TA on Solstice (2nd Solstice trip) and have done Alaska & Caribbean on Celebrity and loved it. Look forward to meeting all of you on board. Any of you use ******************? Nice site for LGBT travelers/cruisers to connect before cruise.

Hi, Billden and thanks for the link. Hello to DCGeorgie and daffo1. I am writing for Bob and me (Dave). We are from SF & Boston and looking forward to the cruise. Did the TA on Solstice (2nd Solstice trip) and have done Alaska & Caribbean on Celebrity and loved it. Look forward to meeting all of you on board. Any of you use ******************? Nice site for LGBT travelers/cruisers to connect before cruise.

Hi Dave and Bob: Not able to decode the ************? You can send it to us at freeuncewillie@yahoo.ca. This will be our third Celebrity having done the Caribbean East and West the last two winters.

Bill and Denis

Hi. My partner Ray and I will be on the Equinox on Aug 29th. We are from San Francisco and will be arriving in Rome a few days early.

Greg and Ray

Welcome aboard looks like our numbers on this cruise are creeping up - 6-7 couples we know of so far.

Bill and Denis

Hi Bob and Dave. My partner Ray and I (greg) are from SF, and really looking forward to the cruise. We will be flying into Rome a few days before the cruise. When will you be arriving? Flying United?

Has anyone started booking sho excursions? Bob and I (Dave) are booking some private/small group tours in Ephesus and Istanbul. He is description of Ephesus:

EPHESUS FULL DAY TOUR (Daily departures, start 08:30 end 16:00)

Departure from Izmir Airport or Kusadasi Harbour or Kusadasi Hotels.

Meeting your guide and drive to Selcuk Town. Where you will see the Temple of Artemis (Diana) which was one of the seven wonders*of the ancient world. Driving up to the hill nightingale to the see the stone cottage of the Virgin Mary, which both Pope Paul VI in 1967 and Pope John Paul II in 1979 have celebrated mass here.*After seeing the house of the Virgin Mary, *we will arrive to the upper gate of Ephesus Ancient Site where we will spend about*2 hours. Your*guide will be informing you about the former constrauctions*and the history of this most remarkcable ancient site in the Western Asia minor.*

By walking down the slope you will see the domitian temple ruins,*The *Marble Street,*The Trajan's Fountain, The Mosaic street, The Latrina,*The Odeon, Bouleterion, The Temple of Hadrian, The Agora, The Bath of Scholastica, The Love house, The Library of Celsus, The Great Theatre, The Harbour Street. The Third largest library of the Ancient world - The Celsus Library -*30 *minutes*extra time in the Terrace Houses that belonged to the richest citizens of the city.

Finally you will see one of the largest Roman Theatres in the world with the capacity of 25.000 audience and the Arcadiane - The pretty street lieing in between the theatre and the harbour of*Ephesus.*

Driving back to Selcuk Town for lunch.

Also: We would like to introduce you local culturel aspect of Ephesus by showing as handmade Carpet & Rug Art Weawing Teaching-Village*and*Ceramic Center or*Leather Company.

(includes the licensed*tour guide, entrance fees, A/C transportation, traditional lunch)

**Ephesus Map

Historical Tours

I believe it also includes the terrace houses which everyone says are a must see. We would like to keep group small (maybe up to 8). Anyone interested? We found the group thru TripAfvisor. Will post info on Istanbul tour in separate note. If you are interested, contact me at David.ompson48@gmail.com

Hello again to all from Dave. Here is the info on e private tour Bob and I are booking for Istanbul. Again, would like to keep it to 6-8 max. If you compare to Celebrity on Bo this and the Ephesus private tour I mentioned in earlier note, it's a real bargain:

ISTANBUL OLD CITY TOUR, ISTANBUL FULL DAY TOUR, ISTANBUL TOURS GUIDE

Highlights:

Visit of one of the most revered masterpieces of the Islamic world, the oldest and the largest covered market place in the world, the former imperial residence of Ottoman Sultans and the Blue Mosque built by Sultan*Ahmet I as*the first mosque with the six minarets in 17th century.

TOUR DETAILS

Type: Day Tours in Istanbul

Departs From: Istanbul

Meeting Point: Pick-up and drop-off from the hotel(dock)

Duration: 8 hours

Available: Departs daily at 09:00

PRICE DETAILS

Price per adult* €75.00

Price per child* €75.00

DESCRIPTION

Hagia Sophia: The Church of Holy Wisdom, undoubtedly one of the greatest architectural creations in the world, was used as a mosque during Ottomans and now serves as a museum.

Byzantine Hippodrome: The center for entertainment, amusement and sports in the city during the Roman and Byzantine Empires. The Egyptian Obelisk, the serpentine column and the German fountain of Willhelm II are sites to be visited.

Blue Mosque: The Sultan Ahmed Mosque, one of the most revered masterpieces of the Islamic world, is famous with its blue ceramic tiles and six minarets.

Grand Bazaar: The oldest and the largest covered market place in the world with more*almost 4000 shops owing rich collection of handmade carpets, jewelery, leather and souvenirs.

Topkapi Palace: The former imperial residence of Ottoman Sultans and the oldest and the largest remaining palaces in the world. Today, it is used as a museum to exhibit works of art and many priceless artifacts.

*Topkapi Palace is closed on*Tuesdays and replaced with Underground Cistern

Includes:

- Hotel pick up and drop off

- English speaking guide

- Entrance fees to Topkapi palace, St. Sophia, Hippodrom, Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar

- Lunch

Excludes

- Personal Expenses

- Tips and Gratuities

- Optional Activity Costs

Again, if interested, contact me atdavidThompson48@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Booked on this cruise, currently investigating excursions esp to istanbul, ephesus, athens. We have a 2 yr old so may limit options- like what dave has posted re tours. Tripadvisor is a good place to start researching good guides!! thanks

kirsty

• 4 weeks later...

With less than 40 days prior to sailing it is time to bring this to the forefront. With temperatures in Montreal above 30C - we are getting used to what we are likely to have in Rome - Athens etc.

Bill

Hi - Thom and Adrian from Fort Lauderdale (Oakland Park), Florida. We're sailing on Equinox on August 29th. Does anyone know if the Equinox cruise director is LGBT-friendly? Will there be a FOD group posted, or are we gonna have to make other arrangements?

We're traveling with my sister and her husband, both very cool, and have Sky Suites on the Resort Deck. We're doing tours in Athens (Taste of Athens), Istanbul (Complete Istanbul) and Ephesus (Ultimate Ephesus), and have booked a GREAT private limo tours out of Salerno for a great price. If anyone wants information on that, check out http://www.joebananalimos.net/shore_excursions.html for some of the things on offer out of Salerno.

See everyone there!

Thom & Adrian - Oakland Park, FL

Arriving FCO on August 28th and staying in Rome on Via Veneto that night. Taking the Eurostar at 1200 from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia, arriving at 1300...where I am told we should be able to walk to the cruise port (anyone have experience with this port?) Arranging a private transfer from ship to FCO on September 9th (I'm airline staff, so travel stand-by...)

See everyone onboard! Looking forward to it...!

Ciao, Thom and Adrian

Hi - Thom and Adrian from Fort Lauderdale (Oakland Park), Florida. We're sailing on Equinox on August 29th. Does anyone know if the Equinox cruise director is LGBT-friendly? Will there be a FOD group posted, or are we gonna have to make other arrangements?

We're traveling with my sister and her husband, both very cool, and have Sky Suites on the Resort Deck. We're doing tours in Athens (Taste of Athens), Istanbul (Complete Istanbul) and Ephesus (Ultimate Ephesus), and have booked a GREAT private limo tours out of Salerno for a great price. If anyone wants information on that, check out http://www.joebananalimos.net/shore_excursions.html for some of the things on offer out of Salerno.

See everyone there!

Thom & Adrian - Oakland Park, FL

We travelled on the Equinox last March and there was a FOD group posting near the reception desk advising the time and place. As a result we met several gay couples who apparently had seen the posting also.

Bill and Denis

• 3 weeks later...

Archived