Bernards tour

1stcruiser55

May be a silly question but do you wear your swimwear right off the ship or do you bring towels and swimwear and change when you get to the beach?

We did where our swimwear, just seemed easier. You can change once you get to the beach if you want to. It was .50 to use the restroom/changing room. It was very clean. Bernards tour was one of the best we have ever done. We were lucky enough to have Bernard for the tour.

We did where our swimwear, just seemed easier. You can change once you get to the beach if you want to. It was .50 to use the restroom/changing room. It was very clean. Bernards tour was one of the best we have ever done. We were lucky enough to have Bernard for the tour.

Thank you! Wife was wondering best way to do it.

I also changed when I got to the beach. We went to Orange Fever on Orient Beach and we were not charged to use the restrooms because we rented chairs while we were there.

How was it at orange fever? drinks and food good?

How was it at orange fever? drinks and food good?

I liked Orange Fever, comfortable loungers and drinks were good. They also had a very clean bathroom. We unfortunately did not get to eat there because Bernard's Tour unfortunately left us at Orient from 10AM-Noon before most places opened for lunch. Their menu did look very good though and would go back there if I get to return to Orient. I ended up walking over to Andy and Cheryl's that was next door to Orange Fever and bought us cheeseburgers. They were good, but it was very pricey.

I liked Orange Fever, comfortable loungers and drinks were good. They also had a very clean bathroom. We unfortunately did not get to eat there because Bernard's Tour unfortunately left us at Orient from 10AM-Noon before most places opened for lunch. Their menu did look very good though and would go back there if I get to return to Orient. I ended up walking over to Andy and Cheryl's that was next door to Orange Fever and bought us cheeseburgers. They were good, but it was very pricey.

overall did you enjoy your excursion with bernard???

overall did you enjoy your excursion with bernard???

I unfortunately did not enjoy our tour with Bernard's. We had several drunk and obnoxious people on our bus and when we attempted to address it with our driver, he blew us off. We do drink and like to have a good time, but the point for us was to learn and see things about the island and it was ruined by yelling, have drinks spilled on us, etc. With that said, many people on here seem to have a lot of good experiences on private tours with Bernard's and can tailor the tour to what they want and only have members of their own group.

I unfortunately did not enjoy our tour with Bernard's. We had several drunk and obnoxious people on our bus and when we attempted to address it with our driver, he blew us off. We do drink and like to have a good time, but the point for us was to learn and see things about the island and it was ruined by yelling, have drinks spilled on us, etc. With that said, many people on here seem to have a lot of good experiences on private tours with Bernard's and can tailor the tour to what they want and only have members of their own group.

I hear you...I feel the same way..we enjoy our cocktails and definately having a good time but there is that line you cross....anyhow I am gonna hope for the best as there are a few fello cruiseers from our roll call going at the same time and this tour did all the things we wanted,,,if it ends up being a drunk fest we will just leave the tour and carry on by ourselves....thank you for the info.....

We have toured with Bernard 4 times now. Our favorite Island, our favorite tour and each time it gets better and better.

We do book private though as we like to design our own itinerary.

What a shame others had a bad experience due to the actions of others. Some folks on vaca tend to over indulge but there really is not much the driver can do. Drinking and driving at any age and any time is legal on St Martin?St Maarten. Their culture is different then ours as well as the bathing suit optional.

Out of four times touring with Bernard we have enjoyed every single minute of it. We love Bernard and all of his staff, they are alway wonderful and welcoming.

I hope you will enjoy your tour!

We have toured with Bernard 4 times now. Our favorite Island, our favorite tour and each time it gets better and better.

What a shame others had a bad experience due to the actions of others. Some folks on vaca tend to over indulge but there really is not much the driver can do. Drinking and driving at any age and any time is legal on St Martin?St Maarten. Their culture is different then ours as well as the bathing suit optional.

Out of four times touring with Bernard we have enjoyed every single minute of it. We love Bernard and all of his staff, they are alway wonderful and welcoming.

Unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no drinking and driving law in St. Maarten but St. Martin follows the law in France regarding drinking and driving and the limit is 0.05. Now the enforcement of such a law may be another story.

Thank you I was a little worried but am relieved....

• 2 weeks later...

My boyfriend and I took Bernard's tour on May 7th of this year and we both loved it! St. Marteen is a beautiful island and we enjoyed being able to see most of it. At first it was hard to find Bernard because he does not have a sign or anything. We found him at the information desk, straight ahead when you get off the ship. The van was spacious and had air conditioning, we only had 9 people on our tour so there was a lot of room. Bernard also supplied drinks such as water, beer, coke, and rum punch. First we drove from the Dutch side over to the French side where we stopped at where the Caribbean sea meets the Atlantic ocean. There was a local man there who showed us a number of sea creatures and let us take a sand dollar for free. Next we drove to Orient beach, which was my favourite beach of the entire cruise! Beware that the RIGHT side is nudest, and the LEFT is not (although being topless is still allowed). We stopped there for 2 hours - the food is really expensive on the beach, so we did not eat there. Next we went to the French straw market for half an hour. We went to a bakery (I forget what it's called, Bernard told us about it) - it was SO good. Then we went to Sunset beach to watch the planes come in (very cool).

All in all we had a great time with Bernard and would do it again!

Archived