My Pride of America review & 1,825 photos!!

Finished the last day!! YAY! Enjoy!!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

It was our last day in Hawaii and our plan was to spend it in remembrance of the men & women who served at Pearl Harbor. Our flight home was at 8 pm but Chris is a HUGE war history buff so I knew he’d want to see every single exhibit and read every informational plaque so I allocated the entire day for Pearl Harbor. People on the Cruise Critic Hawaii Boards and travel guides recommend getting to Pearl Harbor when it opens at 7 am to get timed tickets for the USS Arizona, which can run out. I had in my notes to LEAVE Waikiki by 6:30 am to make the 45 minute drive to Pearl Harbor. That didn’t happen.

We woke up at 6 am and watched the sunrise from our lanai. It was gorgeous but we couldn’t linger since we were already “late”.

5651754501_b88defa49a_m.jpg

View from our balcony of the sunrise over Waikiki Beach

After packing, checking out of the room, putting the luggage in the car, and walking to Wailana Coffee House, it was 6:50 am. We had breakfast. The place reminds me of Norm’s in Los Angeles. It was old school and very homey. We had Portuguese sausage, eggs, and hash browns. It was very good. It was almost 7:30 am by the time we were on the road to Pearl Harbor.

Read the rest of our last day in Oahu

See my entire Hawaii cruise review

Archived