Our first Carnival cruise is a Triumph

Howlev34

Without going into tons of boring detail:

Been on many of the other lines. Loved princess, RCL and Celebrity. Did not enjoy NCL. Decided to revisit NOLA (was there in 2007) and because of low airfare and excellent price for Triumph, decided to try Carnival for the first time.

Expectations: Based on CC postings, expected waitstaff and cabin steward to be excellent and they were superb. Our cabin steward was very friendly, always visible and always remembered our names. Maite D was always visiting tables and asking if he could help.

Pleasant surprises: While the Lido was so-so, the MDR food was excellent, with many choices and cooked perfectly. Cabin had wonderful storage space.

Guest services followed up our shower drainage problem with 3 separate calls asking us if the situation was resolved satisfactorily. Dryer in laundry room was not drying properly, Guest services did our laundry for no-charge and followed that up with 2 calls. This was a level of service we have not seen. Entertainment was better than on other lines with the highlight being the adults only shows. There were 4 comedians during the week.

Everything considered, we are more than likely to cruise on Carnival again and we were very impressed with the service. A big thank you to all of you for your terrific info.

Glad you had a great cruise. I LOVE CCL. We will be going on the Triumph for the first time this August and it's always good to hear positive reviews. We have always had very friendly staff while cruising Carnival. The shower drain was a problem on the Conquest as well. If you took a long enough shower, you could probably swim out of the bathroom.:D

Wife tells me that we are going to wait a couple years after this next cruise before we take another.:( However, this will allow us to get a very nice cabin onboard the Carnival Magic so I guess I can wait a little while for our next voyage.:)

Archived