Good place to eat with kids?

gubbs74

We will be in Nassau in a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out where would be a good place to eat with my wife and six year old son. I've been reading many reviews and personally I would like to try Goldies at the Fish Fry, but my son likes typical kid food like chicken fingers. I seen Goldies menu on her website and I'm not sure what he would eat there. If any thing I we could stop there for a drink and appetizer. One question is Goldies okay to take a kid too during lunch time on a Monday?

I've also been looking at Twin Brothers, Conch Fritters Bar & Grill, and Andros. The reviews for each are mixed as expected, but anyone could pass along any advice, that would be great.

If anyone has any links for menus at Conch Fritters or Andros that would helpful too!

Thanks again for any help!

Steve

We will be in Nassau in a few weeks and I'm trying to figure out where would be a good place to eat with my wife and six year old son. I've been reading many reviews and personally I would like to try Goldies at the Fish Fry, but my son likes typical kid food like chicken fingers. I seen Goldies menu on her website and I'm not sure what he would eat there. If any thing I we could stop there for a drink and appetizer. One question is Goldies okay to take a kid too during lunch time on a Monday?

I've also been looking at Twin Brothers, Conch Fritters Bar & Grill, and Andros. The reviews for each are mixed as expected, but anyone could pass along any advice, that would be great.

If anyone has any links for menus at Conch Fritters or Andros that would helpful too!

Thanks again for any help!

Steve

Here's the conch Fritters menu. I think they've gone up a little since this was posted.

http://www.bahamasb2b.com/travel/conch_fritters.htm

Twin Brothers and Oh Andros will have a similar menu to Goldies.

Are they ok for kids.. sure, but these places are REALLY slow, so if you're kid can't sit still for an hour.. the fish fry may not be the place.

Oh.. and just for the record.. bahamian mac and cheese is spicey.. not like you make at home.

Here's the conch Fritters menu. I think they've gone up a little since this was posted.

http://www.bahamasb2b.com/travel/conch_fritters.htm

Twin Brothers and Oh Andros will have a similar menu to Goldies.

Are they ok for kids.. sure, but these places are REALLY slow, so if you're kid can't sit still for an hour.. the fish fry may not be the place.

Oh.. and just for the record.. bahamian mac and cheese is spicey.. not like you make at home.

Thank you so much for the menu link and other info scubagirrl! That is what I was looking for. Your other posts on the board have been valuable as well.

We can't wait to try Goldie's in June with our kids. We've eaten there a couple times without them and we know there is a good variety of food and a relaxed atmosphere. I have one kid that has an adventurous sense of taste and another who is much pickier.

We can't wait to try Goldie's in June with our kids. We've eaten there a couple times without them and we know there is a good variety of food and a relaxed atmosphere. I have one kid that has an adventurous sense of taste and another who is much pickier.

My wife and son can be picky at times, but I'm always encouraging them to try new things. I think my wife said she will give conch a try. I've had fritters in Key West before, but now I'm really looking forward to some conch salad or cracked conch.

Archived