Review: Legend 3/3/05 sailing (excruciatingly long)

steveww48

Hi Steve,

1.Does the balcony have the plastic over the rails?

2.How does the door to the balcony lock? Do you think a toddler can open it by himself?

3.I have seen pictures of there being another deck below the balcony. When you look directly down from the balcony is there another deck or is there water?

4.Do you have any pictures you can email me?

I appreciate any info you can give me.

Cynthia

(A paranoid mom):eek:

Thanks for your comments about the review. I'll try to answer your questions here:

1. I'm not sure I understand what you are asking... the balcony railing is wood, very well sanded and finished. I don't think there is much chance of getting a splinter, if that is what you were asking about.

2. There are two locks on the balcony door: a thumbscrew that is part of the door handle (do not assume that this is secure vs. your toddler!) and a sliding lock about 5-6 feet up from the floor. This second lock is fairly stiff and hard to move (at least in cabin #7203) and I think this lock should be toddler-proof.

Although the barrier on the balcony is high enough to protect a 17-month old standing on the balcony, of course the real risk is that of climbing on the chair or table on the balcony so I fully understand your concern about the locks. I'm sure you'll be fine if you always keep the upper lock (the sliding bolt) locked.

3. When you look straight down from #7203 you are looking at the top of a lifeboat.

4. I wil try to email you a picture of the cabin which shows the door to the balcony.

I'm sure you'll have a great time on the Legend! Please say hello to Tennyson, who should be your cabin steward ("Hi from Ellen and Steve")

--Steve

4. I wil try to email you a picture of the cabin which shows the door to the balcony.

--Steve

Cynthia:

Your email address is not part of your profile, so I cannot email that picture to you. It's up to you as to whether you want to post your email address as a reply to this message-- note that if you do so, it's out there for everyone to see, including potential spammers (not because *Cruisecritic people* are spammers... but it's an unfortunate fact that some spammers run software which looks for email addresses on public bulletin boards and newsgroups).

Sometimes writing the email address in "disguised" form can shield it from spammers: e.g., "thisismyname at hot ** xyz ** mail dot com" should not look like an email address to spam-harvesting software (although there are no guarantees about this) but a person can read it and figure it out.

If you do post your email address, I'm happy to send the picture to you.

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your reply.

My question about the rails is if he would be able to somehow fit through the slats. (I know I am paranoid)

I will post an email I don't normally use so that way if spammers get it I don't care. I won't write it out but I think you will be able to figure it out...

strega02 aol

Thanks again and I will definitely say Hi for you!

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your reply.

My question about the rails is if he would be able to somehow fit through the slats. (I know I am paranoid)

Thanks again and I will definitely say Hi for you!

I don't think there's any reason for worry about him fitting through the slats-- I don't recall any openings of any significance.

I've sent you a photo of the balcony door, at the email address you listed. Let me know if that is helpful.

--Steve

Steve,

I am so sorry to do this to you but do you think you can resend that picture to a different email. I haven't used that account in so long I forgot my password. :(

If you can send it to bubbasmom14 yahoo

Thanks so much.

PS-If you have any pic's of the outside part of the balcony, that would be great too.

Thanks again,

Cynthia

Steve,

I am so sorry to do this to you but do you think you can resend that picture to a different email. I haven't used that account in so long I forgot my password. :(

If you can send it to bubbasmom14 yahoo

Thanks so much.

PS-If you have any pic's of the outside part of the balcony, that would be great too.

Thanks again,

Cynthia

I'll re-send the photo tonight (I don't have access to my pictures from this computer).

I don't have any pictures specifically of the balcony, but you'll be able to see part of the balcony and the railing in the picture that I'll re-send to you.

--Steve

Great Review Steve,

We enjoyed dancing to Blue Martini also. Normally we skipped the show in Follies so there was plenty of dancing room during the first hour from 9:00 to 10:00pm. After that it was quite crowded. Have to agree that it was disappointing not having any ballroom dancing.

Steve,

Thanks again,

Cynthia

Cynthia: I've just emailed some pix to the second email address you listed. Hope this is helpful.

--Steve

Archived