Barrier Reef, Goff's Caye, or Sergeant's cay?

jkbecker4

Carnival offers these 3 snorkeling excursions in Belize. Which one is the best for experienced snorkelers? We have been to Belize before and did the cave tubing. We were not really impressed with Belize and so we are just looking to give Belize another chance.

Carnival offers these 3 snorkeling excursions in Belize. Which one is the best for experienced snorkelers? We have been to Belize before and did the cave tubing. We were not really impressed with Belize and so we are just looking to give Belize another chance.

Has anyone been to any of these? Reviews?

I wish I could help. I have asked this same question, and not a lot of current info. We sail June 4, and couldn't decide, so finally booked the Barrier Reef. So I will report when we get back. Good luck and Happy Cruising :-)

I wish I could help. I have asked this same question, and not a lot of current info. We sail June 4, and couldn't decide, so finally booked the Barrier Reef. So I will report when we get back. Good luck and Happy Cruising :-)

I have not been to Goff's Caye, or Sergeant's cay.

But I think you made a good choice. I looked at the description of the tour. If i is a catermeran. That will be awsome. You should see sharks, rays and lots of fish as well as coral.

All the catermerans I have been on are well equiped and clean.

I was living in Belize last year, on Ambergris Caye, and from my experiences, between Seargents or Geoffs, Geoff's is the prettier caye. It has a nice beach and the bbq is excellent. I went there a few times on a friends boat and had a great time. We met some people that were on Carnival when we were there, and the people that booked with the ship paid more money and they were on the same tour, in a bigger group. Maybe for some tours the higher prices make sense, but for Geoffs, I would recommend booking it on your own. You will save money and not be on a big crowded boat.

I agree with you, Belize isn't for everyone. the Mainland can be a bit uncharming. I've been cave tubing too, but i really enjoyed it. I like the jungle walk and our guide was full of really interesting stories. The tubing was fun too, I got cold though, so wearing a shirt and not just a bathingsuit is a good idea.

I was living in Belize last year, on Ambergris Caye, and from my experiences, between Seargents or Geoffs, Geoff's is the prettier caye. It has a nice beach and the bbq is excellent. I went there a few times on a friends boat and had a great time. We met some people that were on Carnival when we were there, and the people that booked with the ship paid more money and they were on the same tour, in a bigger group. Maybe for some tours the higher prices make sense, but for Geoffs, I would recommend booking it on your own. You will save money and not be on a big crowded boat.

I agree with you, Belize isn't for everyone. the Mainland can be a bit uncharming. I've been cave tubing too, but i really enjoyed it. I like the jungle walk and our guide was full of really interesting stories. The tubing was fun too, I got cold though, so wearing a shirt and not just a bathingsuit is a good idea.

How long did you live on Ambergris? Do I know you? do you know me? lol

Archived