Pull-down on Ruby Princess Mini-Suite?

tee-three

We're booked this summer into a mini-suite on the Ruby Princess on Dolphin, and we'll be 2 adults and 2 kids in the cabin. Does the bed for the 4th person pull down from above the sofa, or is the sofa a bed for two?

We're booked this summer into a mini-suite on the Ruby Princess on Dolphin, and we'll be 2 adults and 2 kids in the cabin. Does the bed for the 4th person pull down from above the sofa, or is the sofa a bed for two?
The sofa bed sleeps one; the other bed pulls down from the ceiling over the sofa bed and is accessible via ladder.

A great picture of the sleeping arrangements, taken by another CC member that shows the arrangement for the 3rd and 4th in a mini suite.

1290537902015325211S500x500Q85.jpg

Great picture! I did not know mini suites could accommodate 4!! Learn something new every day. The pull out bed is "ok" per my daughter, however I bet the drop down is far more comfortable!

Great picture! I did not know mini suites could accommodate 4!! Learn something new every day. The pull out bed is "ok" per my daughter, however I bet the drop down is far more comfortable!

Not all of them accommodate 4. You need to check the deck plans for the symbol that it is a quad. Otherwise, there is no drop down bed, just the pull out.

Not all of them accommodate 4. You need to check the deck plans for the symbol that it is a quad. Otherwise, there is no drop down bed, just the pull out.

I realize that - Just didn't know quad mini's existed. Fantastic option for a family of four.

A great picture of the sleeping arrangements, taken by another CC member that shows the arrangement for the 3rd and 4th in a mini suite.

1290537902015325211S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for photo of pull-down in a mini......but to go a little off the OP's question.....have any adults out there slept in one and are they the same size as the twin bed mattress? My DS is 6' and weighs 190 lbs and he is concerned about "fitting" in the bed. He has slept on the sofa sleeper on past cruises and found it uncomfortable....forgot about having this option.

Thanks for photo of pull-down in a mini......but to go a little off the OP's question.....have any adults out there slept in one and are they the same size as the twin bed mattress? My DS is 6' and weighs 190 lbs and he is concerned about "fitting" in the bed. He has slept on the sofa sleeper on past cruises and found it uncomfortable....forgot about having this option.

They are a bunk bed style bed, smaller than the regular twins in the stateroom. But I have read that some good sized adults have chose to sleep in them and didn't have any problems at all. In fact, they have posted they are much more comfortable then the sofa bed.

But keep in mind, if the sofa bed is the only option, you can get a couple of foam mattress toppers from the room steward put on the sofa bed mattress to make it a bit more tolerable. ;)

:)Travel with my sister and her husband in a mimi-suite. Found the sofa bed in Crown D-328 very comfortable. PS I'm a senior with age related "creaky bones". Happy cruising everyone.

• 4 months later...

Archived