Host Mach - Boarding Question

kmflutist

Sorry to bother you but you are always so helpful and knowledgeable..... I thought you might know the answer to this.

We are sailing on the Glory 5/24 out of Norfolk. It looks like she will be debarking passengers in Miami on 5/22 and sailing up to Norfolk empty. Do you think it's possible they will allow us to board early (prior to 11) since we don't have to wait for them to get passengers off?

If anyone else is reading this and has an answer, feel free to chime in!

Thank you in advance! :)

Sorry to bother you but you are always so helpful and knowledgeable..... I thought you might know the answer to this.

We are sailing on the Glory 5/24 out of Norfolk. It looks like she will be debarking passengers in Miami on 5/22 and sailing up to Norfolk empty. Do you think it's possible they will allow us to board early (prior to 11) since we don't have to wait for them to get passengers off?

I am not Host Mach, but I hope our experience helps answer your question.

We sailed Carnival Miracle in October 2009. This was the first sailing after she repositioned empty from NY. We were able to get on the ship at 11:00 AND go straight to our cabins because there were no previous passengers. It was wonderful.

I wish you the same boarding experience.

I'd say you've got a very good chance of boarding early. It's happened in the past...

:)

I am not Host Mach, but I hope our experience helps answer your question.

We sailed Carnival Miracle in October 2009. This was the first sailing after she repositioned empty from NY. We were able to get on the ship at 11:00 AND go straight to our cabins because there were no previous passengers. It was wonderful.

I wish you the same boarding experience.

I'd say you've got a very good chance of boarding early. It's happened in the past...

Thank you both! That's what I was thinking but, especially being a first-timer, really had no idea! :o:D Very very excited -- not too much longer!

Thank you both! That's what I was thinking but, especially being a first-timer, really had no idea! :o:D Very very excited -- not too much longer!

After Hurricane Ike beat the tar out of Galveston the Conquest moved to the Bayport Cruise Terminal near Houston. She arrived empty. Passengers began boarding at 10 AM...

After Hurricane Ike beat the tar out of Galveston the Conquest moved to the Bayport Cruise Terminal near Houston. She arrived empty. Passengers began boarding at 10 AM...

Now I remember why we boarded at 11:00. Miracle did not arrive in Fort Lauderdale until after 9:30. I remember being so frustrated that we could not see our ship in port very early, like we have with other cruises. I wonder if embarkation would have started earlier if the ship had been there earlier.

Please let us know how it went. Very curious.

BTW, have a wonderful first cruise. May it not be your last.

Archived