Anyone who recently traveled to PV what time is it?

Mesmeralda

I just got confirmation from another forum from someone who just got off this cruise. PV is two hours ahead of ship time so whew now I can relax haha. Enjoy :)

And did they happen to say what time they arrived in Vallarta? Was it 9 AM Vallarta local time or 9 AM Splendor ship's time.

Without that information ... knowing there is a two hour difference between ship & local time doesn't mean a whole lot. :cool:

And did they happen to say what time they arrived in Vallarta? Was it 9 AM Vallarta local time or 9 AM Splendor ship's time.

Without that information ... knowing there is a two hour difference between ship & local time doesn't mean a whole lot. :cool:

In order to answer the same question for myself, I have been watching the ships's web cams over the past week. The ship has been pulling into PV around 8:30 am pacific time, so 10:30 am PV time. It has been leaving PV at 9pm pacific time, so 11pm PV time.

I hope this helps!

Exactly it's good to have this forum to get and share information like this so people don't get caught with there pant's down.

All in all it's about VACATION & RELAXATION.

Of course everything you've learned may be wrong, if a new captain and/or CD comes on board and changes it. I've done this route with Carnival many times and sometimes they change to mountain time and some times they don't. It is an individual choice of the captain and cruise director. So just because that's the way it happened on one cruise, doesn't mean it will work that way on yours. Relax and go with the flow.

Ron

Of course everything you've learned may be wrong, if a new captain and/or CD comes on board and changes it. I've done this route with Carnival many times and sometimes they change to mountain time and some times they don't. It is an individual choice of the captain and cruise director. So just because that's the way it happened on one cruise, doesn't mean it will work that way on yours. Relax and go with the flow.

Ron

So are you saying that the cruise ship could actually get there 2 hours ahead of normal time if they so choose?

So are you saying that the cruise ship could actually get there 2 hours ahead of normal time if they so choose?

Mesmeralda - I go before you and promise to confirm but I'm sure it's...the ship stays on PST so Cabo is one hour ahead and PV two. Meaning the itinerary is on Ships Time. I like Tannison have been watching the webcams to confirm.

I am taking my laptop and will post exactly what time locally we arrive/depart the ports. Ronrythm is right that the Captain and CD can change it up if they so choose but I see more and more ships staying on the time they leave their embarkation port, I think to avoid confusion. When I first started cruising it seemed every other night we moved the clock ahead or back but not so much any longer unless you are going through the canal or doing a TA. It does differ by cruiseline as well.

Mesmeralda - I go before you and promise to confirm but I'm sure it's...the ship stays on PST so Cabo is one hour ahead and PV two. Meaning the itinerary is on Ships Time. I like Tannison have been watching the webcams to confirm.

I am taking my laptop and will post exactly what time locally we arrive/depart the ports.quote]

Thank you. Enjoy your vacation and we look foward to your next post.

Howdy folks,

Just got off splendor week and half ago, and I like you was getting so many conflicting answers to the time question but I'm here to report the exact times for the Splendor in its current itinerary. We mostly needed to know the times for PV as we too booked the Los Veranos Canopy Tour (went with 1145am (PV Time) downtown pickup and it worked out perfectly).

Also, on our last night of the cruise my wife and I spoke with Felipe at the steakhouse for about 15 minutes as he was making his rounds and we talked about the times set for cruises, there are a lot of variables that I didn't even think about when they determine if they will move clocks forward/back etc.

Also the splendor changes its movement of "ship time" depending on the time of year so a lot of the conflicting answers you get are dependant on when someone has actually sailed on the splendor. Also, re-check on the carnival website for your departure time out of PV, initially ours said 10pm (ship time) but was switched to 9pm without any notice sent to us, just popped up on the carnival website and we departed at 9pm (ship time). So here you go:

During the period of Daylight Savings Time (DST) in the USA (march - late October) Carnival splendor keeps its clocks set to long beach time or more accurately Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) and does not change its time for the duration of its cruise. This is commonly referred to as "ships time".

Cabo San Lucas is set to the Mountain Time Zone and observes Daylight Savings time (MDT), so Cabo time will be one hour ahead of ship time. Arrival times for the cabo days are:

Cabo San Lucas, Tuesday:

930am - 6pm (Ship Time/Published Itinerary or Pacific Daylight Time)

1030am - 7pm (Local Time or Mountain Daylight Time)

Cabo San Lucas, Wedensday:

700am - 4pm (Ship Time/Published Itinerary or Pacific Daylight Time)

800am - 5pm (Local Time or Mountain Daylight Time)

PV is set to the Central Time Zone and observes Daylight Savings Time (CDT), so PV time is 2 hours ahead of ship time.

Puerto Vallarta, Thursday:

900am - 9pm (Ship Time/Published Itinerary or Pacific Daylight Time)

1100am - 11pm (Local Time or Central Daylight Time)

These times are approximate for arrivals, as others have posted we in fact were in PV at 815am and were cleared to walk off the boat by 840am (ship time) on our particular cruise. I also watched the cruise cam for splendor for a couple of weeks and confirmed the arrival times for each of the ports but PV was the one I was really concerned about.

Now for the kicker, when Daylight Savings Time ends for Mexico (which is earlier then for the USA by a week or two) the ship does shift it's onboard time. Per Felipe the cruise director, on Monday Night of a 7 day cruise they shift the ships time AHEAD one hour and then on Friday night on thier way back to Long Beach they shift the time back one hour to match Pacific Standard Time. A bunch of reasons why they do it that I won't detail here.

On the Fun Times they print in big bold print a warning about the time differences in each port and to remind you that the ship leaves on "ship time" so don't be late. I hope this helps.

I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that they'll let you off the boat sooner if you book the same excursion through Carnival...

Primarily that is for a port that is tendered. If you book a carnival excursion they will allow you to tender off first to get to the excursion. The only excursion I've ever booked through the carnival was an excursion in Belize (River Wallace/Altun Ha Tour), primarily because of the long tender distance from ship to shore in Belize. However, if you book privately and you show evidence of your booking to the Carnival Folks you can get on the first set of tenders. Done this twice in Grand Cayman, booked independantly and we were always on the first one or two tenders with the carnival excursions. A little "perk" they wont tell you about but they do accomadate. Carnival wants you to buy their excursions to make money of course.

When a ship actually docks at a port its not so much of an issue because people stream off the ship so quick and easy. To be honest I don't ever recall hearing a special announcement for Carnival Excursion to debark first, I mean they usually meet in a special lounge and maybe they do get off earlier by a few minutes but really it doesn't make that much of a difference. The key is if you have an early excursion (private or Carnival arranged), be up prepared/dressed ready to go as you are docking, wait on the promenade deck near the stairs, when they announce all clear head down and "ding" your way off the ship.

I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that they'll let you off the boat sooner if you book the same excursion through Carnival...

The cruise industry, including Carnival, do not book/sell the Los Veranos zipline excursion.

The ship books/sells the canopy adventure run by Vallarta Adventures.

Enjoy!

The cruise industry, including Carnival, do not book/sell the Los Veranos zipline excursion.

The ship books/sells the canopy adventure run by Vallarta Adventures.

Enjoy!

Woops my bad....I didn't know that...thank you...

Archived