Carnival Valor CAT 1A rooms-which are bigger. How many portholes?

malycious

I am booking the Sept. 4 cruise on the Carnival Valor and am wondering which category 1A room is bigger on forward ship, deck 1 and deck 2. It looks like room 1207 is smaller than 1211, even though both say 185 sq feet i find it hard to believe.

Does anyone know if the category 1A forward rooms on deck 2 are a little bigger than on deck 1?

Room 2217 also looks bigger than 2211. Anyone know?

Do these rooms all have 2 portholes or just 1? I read somewhere that some have 2 portholes, some have only 1 for the outside cabins.

Let me know fellow cruisers! :)

Also, which side has the best view? I'm cruising the western carribean and am wondering if I should stay on the right or left side of the ship for the best view.

http://travel.travelocity.ca/ecruise/ShipDetailsDeck.do?shipId=190&deckId=Deck%202

I just called Carnival and they said all the rooms are 185sq feet. I still don't believe it...well maybe the deck plan pictures are skewed then...either way I found out room 1207 has 2 portholes, 1 bed, and 1 sofa bed. 1211 has 1 bed and 1 bunk bed with 2 portholes.

So if you travel with 2 people I guess it's more of a preference of weather one of you likes sofa beds or bunk beds. I think bunk beds make it more roomier for at night when one person needs to get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom or something.

I like Carnival...they don't give a fuss whenever I want to make changes. :)

Next up is trying to upgrade :) I'll keep watching prices

They are not all 185. The Carnival agents are given those universal answers to give to us, but they are not accurate with unusual rooms. The standard for 1As are actually 160 sq.ft. But these forward 1As on the outside are larger. Plus, 2217 is larger than 2211. 2223 (a 6A) is 220 sq.ft. 2221 (a PT) is slightly less, and 2217 is slightly less than that, and so on. My guess for 2217 is a little over 200, but I'll take a tape measurer onto the Dream in November, then I'll know for sure. 1211 & 1207 should also be large rooms, 185 or larger, but won't be the same.

I have been on sofa beds and uppers, and I definitely prefer the sofa bed. Uppers are so difficult to climb down from in the middle of the night to use the restroom. Too tired for climbing, so I just hold it. Plus, the creaking around the ladder is so noisy when going up or down it. The sofa bed is much better for comfort and for late night restroom visits.

I had a 1A porthole room on the Holiday, and those had just one porthole. That's probably what you've heard about, but those ships have been sold. All of them on today's ships have 2.

Here is 2216 on the Dream:

2216a.jpg

2216c.jpg

Archived