RCCL St Johns / shopping tour

amistad

I have read about others that have taken the shopping tour or historic tour to St Johns and then went to Trunk Bay on their own while they are there, could someone that has done so please let me know how that worked out and were you rushed? We have been to Trunk Bay once on our own and this time there will be 7 of us, so I am thinking this may be easier since it leaves from where you dock. The ship will be there from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. I am wondering what time this tour leaves the ship and what time you come back, it say's 6-1/2 hours. The cost is 40.00 for adults and 30.00 for children, so it really isn't much more then doing the taxi, ferry, taxi thing on your own. Thanks for any information.

I have read about others that have taken the shopping tour or historic tour to St Johns and then went to Trunk Bay on their own while they are there, could someone that has done so please let me know how that worked out and were you rushed? We have been to Trunk Bay once on our own and this time there will be 7 of us, so I am thinking this may be easier since it leaves from where you dock. The ship will be there from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. I am wondering what time this tour leaves the ship and what time you come back, it say's 6-1/2 hours. The cost is 40.00 for adults and 30.00 for children, so it really isn't much more then doing the taxi, ferry, taxi thing on your own. Thanks for any information.

I'm eagerly waiting a response on this one too!

This sounds good in theory, but I have seen other threads where this tour was cancelled at the last minute because not enough people signed up. It would be best to have a "Plan B" in place.

I, too, would really like to know about this excursion. It seems like an easy way to get to St. John, but we wouldn't want to shop for too long. The tour itself is 6 hours long which I'm sure includes the trip to the island. We'd like to spend some time on the beach!

Has anyone done this??

• 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion last year when we sailed on FOS. It was only a short walk from the ship to the boat. I believe the ferry ride was about 45 minutes. When we arrived at Cruz Bay there were plenty of taxis waiting to take us to Trunk Bay/Cinnamon Bay. Our taxi driver asked what time we wanted to be picked up and returned right on schedule. I would assume many people use this tour as transportation to St. John because the guide said "if you're taking the shopping tour follow me, if your going off on your own be back by...." We're sailing Carnival this year and wish there was a similar excursion. It made the trip so simple.

Archived