Dream, ports of call.

As this is the first cruise we have had I have just received my tickets and itinerary for my cruise . We were wondering if these places are easy to get around with we usually like to explore on our own, any advice anyone can give us on the ports would be gratefully received.

Ports

Calvi

Genoa

Sete.

Hi Ron

Genoa is an easy do it yourself.Cant help with the other two ports,never been but on our itinerary for this year.We`ll just miss you as were stay 18th June,cruise 25th.Where are you staying in Palma Nova ?

Hi we are staying in the Santa Lucia in Palma Nova

Used to be regular haunt for me and the mrs 15 years ago,stayed there 5 years on the bounce.You need to be Usain Bolt to get a sun lounger ;).Frequented the Orion Bar across the road,in fact still do when were in Palma Nova.Were staying in the Son Matias just along from the Santa Lucia

We will be in Palma Nova from the 16th June returning home on the 25th

Your second week is our first week

As this is the first cruise we have had I have just received my tickets and itinerary for my cruise . We were wondering if these places are easy to get around with we usually like to explore on our own, any advice anyone can give us on the ports would be gratefully received.

Ports

Calvi

Genoa

Sete.

Calvi is lovely. Tender from the ship right to the town (more like a village actually) and an easy walk around. For some reason, our cruise last week called at Toulon instead of Sete.

We are going there in July on the Dream. First cruise also. From my research it is easy to do all these ports on your own. Calvi is a tender port but the tender sails back and forth all day. Got the info from the Cruise Critics Ports review link and Virtual tourist website. Also from the forums. Enjoy!:)

I did this one in April (toulon instead of Sete though) and loved it. Calvi was by far my favourite day - beautiful little place, lovely places to eat, some gorgeous shops, a nice little town to wander round and the views from up on the rock of the citadel were stunning. Also a family of dolphins joined us as we sailed out of the bay. The tenders sail all day, you can go back and forth as often as you wish.

Genoa you can walk off the ship and find a tour bus or city bus easily if you prefer, or if you pick up the town info you can walk into the city. Open top bus tour was good (10 euro each) and would drop you in the centre of the city at the end if you wished, or take you right back to the cruise terminal.

Hi Ron

Genoa is an easy do it yourself.Cant help with the other two ports,never been but on our itinerary for this year.We`ll just miss you as were stay 18th June,cruise 25th.Where are you staying in Palma Nova ?

Hi Jim the Scot,

Guess we will be on the same cruise and stay, cruising first then Son Mateus Beach 2nd week. We were on the Dream last year (June 8th 2 weeks). Great holiday and so looking forward to this one.

Same here, the last cruise we done was on the Seawing (Airtours) so it tells how long ago that was.We were a bit worried about the reports on the Dream and considered changing, but recent reviews have positive over the past few months.

Hi Jim the Scot,

Guess we will be on the same cruise and stay, cruising first then Son Mateus Beach 2nd week. We were on the Dream last year (June 8th 2 weeks). Great holiday and so looking forward to this one.

Hi annie

I take it your sailing the 25th...We must have been like passing ships in the night last year as we disembarked as you were boarding.We did the same last year as were doing this year,stay and cruise.Had a great time,its like two different holidays.Shouldn`t be long till tickets pop through the letter box

Archived