Anyone ever been on the pirates of the caribbean zipline???

thebeas

We just came back from cruise on 5/8 and we did Pirates of Caribbean ziplining in Roatan. We did the extreme, extreme one. It was 8 lines and highest was 320 ft in the air! I was so scared at the top that I didn't want to step off the platform, but I did. And by the second line, I was running off the platform. It was so much fun. The guides were great! The safety was great, I never felt unsafe. They use 2 lines and you don't have to brake your self, they brake for you. It was great!! Then they took us to this great beach resort for the afternoon. We loved it so much that we might go back and stay there for a week.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back and also booked the extremely extreme with Pirates of the Caribbean. Best time ever! When you dock, you just walk outside the tourism area and your guide picks you up in a A/C van. The property is beautiful and the zip lines are pretty high. After, they usually take you to a beach that I dont remember the name of, but we asked our driver to take us to Fantasy Island Beach instead. BEST SNORKELING site if you are interested. There is a ship wreck there with an amazing reef stretch right next to it. You give your driver a time you would like to be picked up and they are there on the dot. We definitely want to go back also!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

We just got back and also booked the extremely extreme with Pirates of the Caribbean. Best time ever! When you dock, you just walk outside the tourism area and your guide picks you up in a A/C van. The property is beautiful and the zip lines are pretty high. After, they usually take you to a beach that I dont remember the name of, but we asked our driver to take us to Fantasy Island Beach instead. BEST SNORKELING site if you are interested. There is a ship wreck there with an amazing reef stretch right next to it. You give your driver a time you would like to be picked up and they are there on the dot. We definitely want to go back also!

What guide did you use? Did you pay extra to go to different beach?

To be honest I cant remember his name. He picked us up and took us to the site where two other guys took us through the zip lines (pictured in the orange helmets). The Zip and Beach combo is regularly priced at $85 and for $90 he took us to Fantasy Island instead. Food at Fantasy Island is fairly priced also, $8 for a plate of Chicken Tenders, Fries, and Coke with refills. If you are not interested in the snorkeling part, the driver did tell us that the usual beach they go to is also great but just doesnt have the reefs that Fantasy does.

• 7 months later...

We contacted them, but haven't heard back. How long does it typically take to hear back from the Pirates company? I am getting nervous (and totally aware that we are trying to do this last minute), but we leave on Sunday so we are running out of time. For some reason, we booked all of our other excursions weeks ago and forgot to look at Roatan....eek!

Archived