Scubagirl: Pls. Help! Traveling With 2 Teenaged Boys!

mousey

Scubagirl,

The DH and I will be cruising to Nassau the 1st week in Aug. with our 16 yr-old DS and his BFF who is 17. What beach would be the best for them regarding things to do such as jet skis, snorkling, parasailing, banana boats, etc. and of course what is the best swimming beach (clean and relatively calm)? Also, which has the best beach and facilities, the Sheraton or the Hilton? Thanks for any help you can give us regarding what the best thing to do with two teenagers is.:D

Scubagirl,

The DH and I will be cruising to Nassau the 1st week in Aug. with our 16 yr-old DS and his BFF who is 17. What beach would be the best for them regarding things to do such as jet skis, snorkling, parasailing, banana boats, etc. and of course what is the best swimming beach (clean and relatively calm)? Also, which has the best beach and facilities, the Sheraton or the Hilton? Thanks for any help you can give us regarding what the best thing to do with two teenagers is.:D

The Sheraton would be my pick for active teens. Lots to do. Although they are supposed to be 18 in order to drive a jet ski.

Thank you for your quick response and for giving me the age for the jet skis. Now they won't be disappointed at the last min.:D After reading a few of the treads on this board, I figured this was the best way to go, but it's good to have feedback from someone who is really knowledgeable about these things.:)

Beachgirl, I have another question about the Shearton, do they have small fridges in the day rooms? I was thinking that since food is so expensive there that maybe I would bring some drinks and food with us for our stay?:D

Beachgirl, I have another question about the Shearton, do they have small fridges in the day rooms? I was thinking that since food is so expensive there that maybe I would bring some drinks and food with us for our stay?:D

I dont' remember seeing them.

Also, be aware, there are signs saying that you can't bring food and drink out side to the pool and beach. So you would have to eat in the room or lobby.

They want you to purchase food and drinks from the bar and grill.. makes sense, since they are in business to make a profit.

Additionally, remember that you are not allowed to bring food off of the ship unless it's manufacturer sealed. (like soda, chips, prepackaged unopened cookies etc. ) you can't bring sandwiches or muffins from breakfast, fruit or any other fresh items.

Archived