How many have acheived their goal?

huntforoil

I've been reading all of these great threads and it looks like a lot of people have a goal in mind before their cruise. I came close, I wanted to be 180 lbs by May 16 and today I weighed in at 183 lbs. We leave this Saturday so the most I can lose between now and then I'd say would be 1 lb to reach 182lbs. 180 lbs is my healthy weight, I started at 200 lbs in mid Dec so I'm pretty happy with my progress. How many of you have reached your goal or at least got very close by your cruise date?

I've been reading all of these great threads and it looks like a lot of people have a goal in mind before their cruise. I came close, I wanted to be 180 lbs by May 16 and today I weighed in at 183 lbs. We leave this Saturday so the most I can lose between now and then I'd say would be 1 lb to reach 182lbs. 180 lbs is my healthy weight, I started at 200 lbs in mid Dec so I'm pretty happy with my progress. How many of you have reached your goal or at least got very close by your cruise date?

Last year my goal was to go on a cruise when I hit 185... I hit 185 the week of my cruise in February, for a grand total of 86 pounds lost. I had a size 14 gown in the closet as my target and as soon as I thought it was realistic it might fit again I booked the cruise with 90 days notice.

Last year my goal was to go on a cruise when I hit 185... I hit 185 the week of my cruise in February, for a grand total of 86 pounds lost. I had a size 14 gown in the closet as my target and as soon as I thought it was realistic it might fit again I booked the cruise with 90 days notice.

I love that!!!! *inspired*

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my key to not gaining your weight back on your cruise. Our first cruise we gained weight. So now when we get on the cruise we go and weight on the ship scale in the work out area, for a base weight on ship scale. Then if we start to gain we just work a little more or walk around the deck and always take the stairs. It works.

I was on a 16 day cruise in a wheel chair because of a non-walking cast and I only gained a pound when I got home.

Here is my key to not gaining your weight back on your cruise. Our first cruise we gained weight. So now when we get on the cruise we go and weight on the ship scale in the work out area, for a base weight on ship scale. Then if we start to gain we just work a little more or walk around the deck and always take the stairs. It works.

I was on a 16 day cruise in a wheel chair because of a non-walking cast and I only gained a pound when I got home.

• 3 weeks later...

Great job folks! I'm happy to report that I reached my goal for the cruise, but I still have a long way to go. I actively started counting calories and doing Zumba on February 1. Booked a cruise later that month for June 25. Started a chart w/ weekly dates and various goals. I hoped to lose 38 pounds by the cruise. As of today, I've lost 43!!!!! Our cruise is still 18 days away! I'd love to lose 3-5 more. Ultimately, I need to lose 20-30 more - but after the cruise, I still have more goals set. Who knows where I'll be by our trip to Aruba in November!

Good luck to everyone. I've checked out various menus online and I actually like the spa menus. My hope is to order from that at least some of the time.

Archived