Warning about Glory Tours

webecruisin5111

Hello fellow CC's

Word of advise to all, just got back from Barbados. We booked a tour with Glory Tours and what a joke they are! The tours themselves were very nice Harrison's Cave, Wildlife reserve and Beach/shopping time with lunch. We had Quammie as our driver he was great! First off you meet at the "Big Tree" at the front gates. Now the fun starts, first off they are late (I'm sorry if you have Cruise Ships in at a certain time no excuse for being late)! We were about 45 minutes late leaving for our excursion, nobody knew where anyone was supposed to be. We had people that were doing a different tour with us and that screwed everything up. It was just mass confusion! When we left Harrison's Cave the other driver forgot a couple and guess what? You guessed it "WE" our driver had to turn around and pick them up! Common sense is you count, ten off means ten on! 10-15 minutes to return and 10-15 minutes to get back = 1/2 off the tour. Again the tours themselves were great but the company not so great!! So Beware!!!:(

• 5 weeks later...

We just returned from our cruise, and also used Glory Tours and had Quammi as our driver. We did the tour that included Harrison Caves, the Wildlife Refuge, lunch, and swimming with the Turtles. We were a party of two, and had 13 other people in our van. One person did the beach/shopping option while we were on the turtle excursion. We had an absolutely wonderful time with none of the problems that the OP encountered. The tour was definitely a little rushed, as fitting all these things in is a lot to accomplish in one day, but everything went smoothly for us.

Sounds like they are inconsistent in their service, but I would use them again.

We have this tour booked for early August. I'm just curious how the lunch was... food any good?

Jaimee

We stopped at a little roadside restaurant called "Sand Dunes Bar and Restaurant". Choices were roast chicken or flying fish, with either a macaroni and cheese pie, or french fries. It was good - nothing special, but we were happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hello fellow CC's

Word of advise to all, just got back from Barbados. We booked a tour with Glory Tours and what a joke they are! The tours themselves were very nice Harrison's Cave, Wildlife reserve and Beach/shopping time with lunch. We had Quammie as our driver he was great! First off you meet at the "Big Tree" at the front gates. Now the fun starts, first off they are late (I'm sorry if you have Cruise Ships in at a certain time no excuse for being late)! We were about 45 minutes late leaving for our excursion, nobody knew where anyone was supposed to be. We had people that were doing a different tour with us and that screwed everything up. It was just mass confusion! When we left Harrison's Cave the other driver forgot a couple and guess what? You guessed it "WE" our driver had to turn around and pick them up! Common sense is you count, ten off means ten on! 10-15 minutes to return and 10-15 minutes to get back = 1/2 off the tour. Again the tours themselves were great but the company not so great!! So Beware!!!:(

It seems to me that about every few months there is another thread blasting Glory Tours. First let me say that our tour with them in April 2010 went off without a hitch and was the best tour of the cruise. Now it sounds like you tour was good so how can the company be bad? Why didn't the participants know where to meet the driver? In the reservation voucher it is clear where the meeting place is. So, was this other couple late? If Glory Tours just left them and did not go back for them then there would be a bad post about that. So instead they went back for them and now a bad post anyway. I do not work for Glory Tours in case you are wondering ;) I agree, not good business if indeed they were 45 minutes late to the meeting point unless there was some kind of car or medical emergency. I would not have been happy about that either. Why was he late-did he explain? I would be curious to know.

• 3 weeks later...

I had Sarah and we had the best time in Barbadoes.I will never forget it and hope to go back.I would use Glory again without a doubt.

We also had zero problems.And let me say thew food was authentic.Flying Fish was something we were wanting to try and it was wonderful.We had many different sides and rice.Wonderful.

Glory tours is the best!

It seems to me that about every few months there is another thread blasting Glory Tours. First let me say that our tour with them in April 2010 went off without a hitch and was the best tour of the cruise. Now it sounds like you tour was good so how can the company be bad? Why didn't the participants know where to meet the driver? In the reservation voucher it is clear where the meeting place is. So, was this other couple late? If Glory Tours just left them and did not go back for them then there would be a bad post about that. So instead they went back for them and now a bad post anyway. I do not work for Glory Tours in case you are wondering ;) I agree, not good business if indeed they were 45 minutes late to the meeting point unless there was some kind of car or medical emergency. I would not have been happy about that either. Why was he late-did he explain? I would be curious to know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Vacation Fool ("G"). DH and I toured with Glory Tours in 2007 and had a great time. Our driver was a few minutes late, but was apologetic. We plan to tour with them again in April :rolleyes:.

baderry

I have been to many places and took many tours.The BEST was glory tours!!!!!!!Never felt rushed,explained Barbados and her people,loved the food,Loved Sarah!

I hope to get back there one day and again use my friend,Sarah.She felt like family.

Nancy

Archived