Cruising the Magic in the Fall or Spring??

We are trying to decide on our fall 2012 cruise. We are really torn between these cruises:

Freedom 8 day out of FLL doing the Aruba/Domincan Republic/Grand Turk/Curacao itinerary.

Magic 7 day out of Galveston doing the Montego Bay/Grand Cayman/Cozumel itinerary.

We have done both itineraries with the exception of Montego Bay and we'd stay on board for that stop anyway. If we choose the Magic it will strictly be for the ship and not the itinerary. The more I see pics of this ship posted the more I can't wait to sail it.

This cruise will be in October so I'm not really sure what to expect from Galveston that time of the year as I haven't paid much attention to the fall storms in that area. If the weather is a major concern we could push the Magic forward and wait until the following spring.

So would you prefer to sail the Magic in the Spring or the Fall and why? Thanks for any input you might have to offer :)

Quick post. Flordia airfare is much less expensive. As you know we are sailing in January out of Galveston and the airfare is totally out of line. Hope it comes down. We will go back to Flordia in October of 2012.

I live near Galveston. While it is unusual, it isn't unheard of to have hurricanes as late as October. We are booked on the Magic next Spring! So, I guess that's what I would recommend!

I am SO excited about the MAGIC!!!!

Quick post. Flordia airfare is much less expensive. As you know we are sailing in January out of Galveston and the airfare is totally out of line. Hope it comes down. We will go back to Flordia in October of 2012.

As much as I love the look of the Magic I'm thinking that 8 day in FLL in the fall is going to win out. We really enjoy sailing out of FLL. I can't wait to read your review for your January cruise.

We're holding off a bit longer too since Carnival hasn't announced all the fall sailings and there's rumored to be some changes coming up.

As much as I love the look of the Magic I'm thinking that 8 day in FLL in the fall is going to win out. We really enjoy sailing out of FLL. I can't wait to read your review for your January cruise.

We're holding off a bit longer too since Carnival hasn't announced all the fall sailings and there's rumored to be some changes coming up.

Carnival scares me anymore when they start talking about changes. But Chuck and I have decided it is back to Carnival in October 2012 and that makes me extremely happy.

Will let you know how things go in January. Chuck will be back wednesday hopefully.

Archived