Disclaimer for Price Drop

branchwater

Guess this means if I'm already booked, won't get the reduced fare. Contacted TA; haven't heard back yet.

**The Exciting Deals rate program is valid for new bookings only, is not combinable with any other offer or promotion. Prices are per person, cruise only, based on double occupancy, in U.S. or Canadian dollars as noted. This offer is based on stateroom availability and may be withdrawn without notice. Governmental departure taxes and fees are additional. Certain restrictions may apply.

I believe Celebrity advertises a "Guaranteed" lowest price. I would definitely contact your travel agent. We have benefitted by it several times. I don't think it applies in the UK though. In that case you would have to cancel and rebook.

I believe Celebrity advertises a "Guaranteed" lowest price. I would definitely contact your travel agent. We have benefitted by it several times. I don't think it applies in the UK though. In that case you would have to cancel and rebook.

However after final payment is due one cannot take advantage of price drops and if a sale is designated as "new bookings only" one is not entitled to a price drop (both of these conditions pertaining to U.S. bookings).

Oh, that's too bad. I usually start to check about 4 months before the cruise, sometimes 3 months. I think the travel agent must dread hearing from me because she knows I've found something "good." The way the economy is right now the cabins aren't selling, especially longer European cruises. I just save $2400 on our September cruise. Remember, the cruise line will not volunteer to lower your fare, neither will the travel agent. You have to be on your toes. Good luck and have a great cruise. You probably got a really nice cabin and if you were happy with it when you booked it, it is all good!

Oh, that's too bad. I usually start to check about 4 months before the cruise, sometimes 3 months. I think the travel agent must dread hearing from me because she knows I've found something "good." The way the economy is right now the cabins aren't selling, especially longer European cruises. I just save $2400 on our September cruise. Remember, the cruise line will not volunteer to lower your fare, neither will the travel agent. You have to be on your toes. Good luck and have a great cruise. You probably got a really nice cabin and if you were happy with it when you booked it, it is all good!

This is what my TA had to say. I have an inside cabin, which is OK, but after seeing all the posts about balcony, I am becoming quite envious. However, it is Alaska and not the Caribbean! 2 weeks ago to upgrade was 790.00pp;got to keep our $75.00 on board credit.

"Right now, there is an age 55+ rate where oceanviews start at $949/pp + tax, and balconies start at $1299/pp plus tax. In each case, if you take this offer, please be aware of the following due to the promotion. These offers are for an Un-assigned cabin where the cruise line will pick your cabin for you, so we have no idea what type of cabin you would get. Also, these offers are not combinable with any shipboard credit.

So we could upgrade you in either case, no problem. If you take the oceanview, you pay no more money, you will get an oceanview cabin but we have no idea what cabin it will be, and you would lose the $75 in shipboard credit.

Or, you pay an additional $304/pp to get a balcony cabin, where cruise line will pick the cabin for you, and you lose your shipboard credit."

Most people feel that a balcony for an Alaskan cruise is extremely important as there is so much amazing scenery. Balconies can be nice on Caribbean cruises, but there is generally not nearly as much to take in as during an Alaskan cruise (though the weather is typically nicer). If the extra $300+ per/person is affordable for you, you may want to consider upgrading.

This is what my TA had to say. I have an inside cabin, which is OK, but after seeing all the posts about balcony, I am becoming quite envious. However, it is Alaska and not the Caribbean! 2 weeks ago to upgrade was 790.00pp;got to keep our $75.00 on board credit.

"Right now, there is an age 55+ rate where oceanviews start at $949/pp + tax, and balconies start at $1299/pp plus tax. In each case, if you take this offer, please be aware of the following due to the promotion. These offers are for an Un-assigned cabin where the cruise line will pick your cabin for you, so we have no idea what type of cabin you would get. Also, these offers are not combinable with any shipboard credit.

So we could upgrade you in either case, no problem. If you take the oceanview, you pay no more money, you will get an oceanview cabin but we have no idea what cabin it will be, and you would lose the $75 in shipboard credit.

Or, you pay an additional $304/pp to get a balcony cabin, where cruise line will pick the cabin for you, and you lose your shipboard credit."

At least you got options. What did you decide to do?

Yes I do have options. I really haven't made a decision about this particular cruise--but, I am thinking of taking the money and using it for our next cruise. Our airfare is free with mileage, so we have already saved a lot. I would like to go someplace warm in 2012. I am going to sleep on it.

Thanks so much for your support and well wishes. I'll let you know what I decide, please keep me in your thoughts. I find so much encouragement and support from all of you!

Yes I do have options. I really haven't made a decision about this particular cruise--but, I am thinking of taking the money and using it for our next cruise. Our airfare is free with mileage, so we have already saved a lot. I would like to go someplace warm in 2012. I am going to sleep on it.

Thanks so much for your support and well wishes. I'll let you know what I decide, please keep me in your thoughts. I find so much encouragement and support from all of you!

Not sure if you know about buying a future cruise certificate while on-board. You pay $200 which you use as your total deposit for when you decide when your next cruise will be. You will also get an on-board credit for the cruise you end up booking. It's a win-win situation. The normal deposit is $250 pp.

Not sure if you know about buying a future cruise certificate while on-board. You pay $200 which you use as your total deposit for when you decide when your next cruise will be. You will also get an on-board credit for the cruise you end up booking. It's a win-win situation. The normal deposit is $250 pp.

Just to clarify this post; you can indeed buy a booking for two @ $100 each (total = $200). You can also simply book for one person at a total cost of $100 and that guarantees you a cabin for as many people as it will hold on whatever cruise you decide to book. JUST DID THIS ON 4/23/11 SUMMIT CRUISE SO I AM NOT GUESSING!! The first time we did it I also booked for 2 at a cost of $200, but my T.A. informed me that this was not necessary and she was correct. I am presently the proud owner of a future cruise "passages" credit that I only had to pay $100 for. Not a big deal either way, but I wanted the correct information to be out there for anyone who is considering it.

Just to clarify this post; you can indeed buy a booking for two @ $100 each (total = $200). You can also simply book for one person at a total cost of $100 and that guarantees you a cabin for as many people as it will hold on whatever cruise you decide to book. JUST DID THIS ON 4/23/11 SUMMIT CRUISE SO I AM NOT GUESSING!! The first time we did it I also booked for 2 at a cost of $200, but my T.A. informed me that this was not necessary and she was correct. I am presently the proud owner of a future cruise "passages" credit that I only had to pay $100 for. Not a big deal either way, but I wanted the correct information to be out there for anyone who is considering it.

Very good point here. nice way to book a cabin for 2 while only paying the single deposit.

Archived