Saint Johns Kayaking

I found a company called Seascape tours that has kayaking from Deer Island, south of Saint Johns. I really enjoy kayaking and the tranquility and sites it brings. Has anyone done this? If so what where your experiences? How did you travel to Deer Island and back? Was it worth the drive time and cost?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I found a company called Seascape tours that has kayaking from Deer Island, south of Saint Johns. I really enjoy kayaking and the tranquility and sites it brings. Has anyone done this? If so what where your experiences? How did you travel to Deer Island and back? Was it worth the drive time and cost?

Thanks

Just to clarify..Saint John is in New Brunswick and St. John's is in Newfoundland...sometimes peole get this mixed up and book the wrong place.

If it is the Newfoundland St. john's you're going to i can make some good recommendations.

Miss Molly

Just to clarify..Saint John is in New Brunswick and St. John's is in Newfoundland...sometimes peole get this mixed up and book the wrong place.

If it is the Newfoundland St. john's you're going to i can make some good recommendations.

Miss Molly

I will be in St John's Newfoundland in Sept. I would be interested in any kayaking recommendations you can give. How is the weather at that time?

Thanks for any suggestions!

The OP is referring to Saint John New Brunswick and the Bay of Fundy. Deer Island that is being asked about is a New Brunswick island near the USA border in the Bay of Fundy. The drive from Saint John is a short one and while I have never Kayaked in the area we have been to Deer Island and Campebello Island. It would be a very unique experience to kayak in the area. I would highly recommend the activity but have no knowledge of the tour operator. To get to Deer Island there is a short ferry ride which is free as well if I remember correctly. I believe Campebello Island can also be accessed from Deer Island by a seasonal ferry. Have a great trip.

Archived