Carnival Victory Cabin Question

bneedles

We are sailing on the Victory out of San Juan in September. We have cabin #6440 which is an aft extended balcony cabin. I just read where the cabins on the sixth level in the rear are above the night club and it could be noisy. Is this a big enough problem that we should change cabins?

We are sailing on the Victory out of San Juan in September. We have cabin #6440 which is an aft extended balcony cabin. I just read where the cabins on the sixth level in the rear are above the night club and it could be noisy. Is this a big enough problem that we should change cabins?

The lounge at the rear of Promenade Deck is not actually a night club. It is a smaller show lounge. In my experiences they have used it for comedy shows, karaoke, parties (past guest reception, private functions, etc.) and other events where a stage is needed but the main theater is not necessary. It is generally not used as late as the disco. The adult (late night) comedy shows would probably be the latest, and they are generally over by 1 am. However, they do not have those shows every night.

I can't tell you what the noise level would be like, but I don't think it would be as bad as being above the disco which has constant loud music on until it closes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am hearing it both ways now. Someone just posted a cruise review and stated they were in an aft room on the 6th level like us and there was Karioke till 2am and the engine thrusters woke them up each morning at 6am. Can anyone else give an opinion. We are booked in 6440, center rear.

I am hearing it both ways now. Someone just posted a cruise review and stated they were in an aft room on the 6th level like us and there was Karioke till 2am and the engine thrusters woke them up each morning at 6am. Can anyone else give an opinion. We are booked in 6440, center rear.

It probably was my review you were looking at. We were in cabin 6436, which is 2 doors down from 6440.

The Adriatic Aft Lounge is primarily used for the Punchliner Comedy Club 4 evenings - Day 2/St Thomas, Day 3/Sea Day, Day 6/St Kitts, and Day 7/St Maarten. Those days, we really didn't have noise issues except from the occasional intro music (normally we would go to the late adult comedy shows if we could get a seat, they pack the place out!) used by the comedians. Also, they're wrapped up pretty much after 12ish. On these days, the Karaoke is held in the Black & Red Seas Lounge.

However, when there isn't the comedy club in there the Adriatic Aft Lounge is used for Karaoke (it seems like this is the "de facto" night activity, so it could change if there was some sort of special event/group event there instead). This would be on Day 1/San Juan, Day 4/Barbados, and Day 5/St Lucia. There are large subwoofers and speakers installed on the ceilings of the lounge, so you get all the noise and vibrations (this was worse than the noise, IMO) being generated by Karaoke. I'll see if I can get the video chopped and uploaded that I took one night around midnight. It sounded like Karaoke was going on right in our cabin, with a guy belting out Metallica's "Never Never Land" at full volume below. A bit annoying when you have to be up at 7am for your excursion the next day.

Since you're a little bit further from the stage it might not be so bad for you, but both my cabin neighbors (6434 and 6438) had issues with the noise. The aft wrap neighbor even said he called guest services at 2am on the first night and they told him "it's a public space, nothing we can do about it". He was quite upset given the $$ he had forked over for an aft wrap and indicated this would be their last sailing on Carnival b/c of the issues they were having (not just noise-related).

I guess it really depends on how much of an issue it is for you. We ended up just grin-and-bearing it as the views from the balcony were amazing and we loved having the extension so she could lay out on the Sea Day. If you're light sleepers that get to bed early it might be an issue. If you're going to be up late like we were it might not be so bad. Personally, I'd call to see if you can get some kind of no-cost/low-cost switcharoo to a cabin on Deck 7 where you have cabins above and below.

The morning vibrations were annoying, but they were also a kick in the butt to get up and enjoy the view from the balcony. Depends on how you choose to look at it.

Here are the deck plans so you can get an idea of the layout and where you're at vs. the deck below:

Deck 6/Upper:

regionv.png

Deck 5/Promenade:

regionl.png

Archived