Thompson Dream A1 drinks package

Hi we have just booked for the Carribean in March 2012.

Do you have to book a drinks package for each of you, or can you just book the one. The reason being due health reasons I can not drink now.

Any help would be appreciated:o

Hi we have just booked for the Carribean in March 2012.

Do you have to book a drinks package for each of you, or can you just book the one. The reason being due health reasons I can not drink now.

Any help would be appreciated:o

It has to be everyone on the package that books it :mad: but you can also get unlimited soft drinks on a AI package; depends if you think it is worth what they are charging? They charge about £1.50 for a can of soft drink then of course there are the Viirgin Cocktails you could have on AI. What price are they quoting per week for when you are going?

Hi We are going on the 11th March 2011, this is the first time we have sailed with Thompson. We have cruised before but as I say we have not gone with thompson. We was quoted £700 that seems quite expensive. I must try and find out what there drinks are priced at.

thank you very much for your help:cool:

Hi We are going on the 11th March 2011, this is the first time we have sailed with Thompson. We have cruised before but as I say we have not gone with thompson. We was quoted £700 that seems quite expensive. I must try and find out what there drinks are priced at.

If that's for 2 people, £700 is a heck of a lot to pay!! Here is a link to the Spirit Bar Prices in 2010 that someone posted so it will give you a rough idea of prices with Thomson, hope it helps!

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1170968&highlight=drinks+list

11th March 2011? I think your ship has sailed :p

£700 for 2 of you, i presume you are on a 14 day cruise then? That works out at £50 a day for the 2 of you, so depends how much the other one drinks, and how many coffees/soft drinks yoi wil drink.

I remember speaking to a fellow passenger a couple of years ago about each member of the party being forced to pay. one of them like yourself couldnt drink for medical reasons and took issue with being forced to pay for it and somebody in the TAs told them that if they could provide a doctors certificate proving it then Thomsons are legally bound to waive the charge. Dont know if that is true but it may be worth investigating. I can understand the reasons for charging the whole party but it does make it very expensive unless you are a family of alcoholics.

I remember speaking to a fellow passenger a couple of years ago about each member of the party being forced to pay. one of them like yourself couldnt drink for medical reasons and took issue with being forced to pay for it and somebody in the TAs told them that if they could provide a doctors certificate proving it then Thomsons are legally bound to waive the charge. Dont know if that is true but it may be worth investigating. I can understand the reasons for charging the whole party but it does make it very expensive unless you are a family of alcoholics.

Well, the reasons are to stop 1 person buying all the drinks, and the other person drinking them when out of sight.

Also, i don't think £25 a day makes you an alcoholic.

As I said I understand the reason why they do it ,to prevent people buying drinks for others,but if your party consists of two adults and two under 10's I think having to pay for a drinks package,albeit at a reduced rate, for two children can work out expensive.As you say £25.00 a day doesnt make you alcoholic but it works out at approx 7 pints a day or two bottles of wine a day each,which for a lightweight like me,seems a bit excessive even on holiday.I probably wouldnt remember most of my holiday at that rate:):)

• 3 months later...

:( My wife and i are in the same situation ,as a diabetic she only drinks orange juice and tea or water. And i am not a heavy drinker, 3 pints of beer would be my maximum and some coffee during the day.

So the £700+ seems an awful lot to pay for our 14 days.

btw we start our cruise on the 4th and are on for 14days so must overlap with you in our second week.

We paid £756 for 2 weeks AI for our forthcoming Caribbean cruise and its £54 a day for us thats good value:D, but in some folks eyes we must be alcoholics although we most definately are not:mad:. Alcohol intake always increases substantially on holiday, also paid £98 for Colourful coasts on the Dream in November which is incredibly good value at £14 per day its about £350 now but would still have paid that. All drinks eventually add up during the week or 2 weeks so add up what you may drink daily inc soft drinks/coffee and work it out thats why we choose the cruise in November rather than a week in a Canaries resort.:)

Archived