Sky/Dec/Bal. or Suite?/tendering/ any other info. appreciated

Hi all,

We were just going to go to Florida for a week in Dec. during the winter break (work in a school) as we are thinking of retiring there and wanted to check out some different areas. Do not want to be in Miami but loved the Keys and want to check out the west coast possibly Fort Myers/Sanibel Isl. area.

Then my mind starts to thinking hmm... normally I wouldnt think of doing less than 7 days for a cruise but I thought well I'll just play around and look at what they had for a 4 day cruise. I actually also looked at possibly trying a aft balcony since it will be only 4 days. But never having been on the Sky and really haven't read much about it here so would love to have some opinions of the Sky. Also pretty much all aft balconies open on decks 8, 9 and 10 are available. (1) Are any bigger or better between any of these decks or cabins?

Then I of course looked at the price difference from aft balcony to a suite and it is only $600 so trying to decide if it is worth it or not. One of the things we like about having a suite is the priority tendering as we both hate crowds because it's tough to walk and stand too long because of some health issues. (2)So the itinerary includes Grand Bahama Island, Nassau which I'm not sure if they are tendered or not? Of course GSC is so would be nice to have priority tendering.

(3)There is no Cagneys so where do suite guests go for b/l?

(4)I know the Sky is an older ship but for those who like her what are her special qualities?

(5)Anything else I need to know?:eek:

TIA :cool::)

Only GSC is tendered. The Sky docks in Freeport and Nassau.

There IS a Cagney's on the Sky, not sure where you heard that there wasn't? There's also a Le Bistro and Il Adagio.

If you try a search for "sky suites," you will find several recent threads asking about balconies vs. suites and the aft ones in particular.

The Sky is a beautiful ship, we really enjoyed our time onboard in March. The crew was great. One tip - the Great Outdoors is an outdoor buffet area at the back of the ship. It's usually less crowded than the indoor one and it's the perfect place for sailaway. Amazing views!

Enjoy, if you do end up going :)

I hope you are able to find an Aft balcony open on the Sky for a Dec cruise. We just booked a cruise on her for Jan 29th and there was nothing left for Aft cabins except those that were well out of our reach. We were thinking of an Aft Balcony on her or one of the smaller suites but they were sold out already. I think there is a smaller number of suites with balconies as the remodel made some new suites with the floor to ceiling windows instead of a balcony. Good Luck!

Only GSC is tendered. The Sky docks in Freeport and Nassau. This is great to know and since only one tender maybe we should just go with an aft balcony (I LOVE stern balconies).

There IS a Cagney's on the Sky, not sure where you heard that there wasn't? There's also a Le Bistro and Il Adagio. OOOps... I knew that some NCL ships didn't have Cagney's and I looked at the restaurants but apparently not very well as I do see it listed now.

If you try a search for "sky suites," you will find several recent threads asking about balconies vs. suites and the aft ones in particular. (Thank you will do)

The Sky is a beautiful ship, we really enjoyed our time onboard in March. The crew was great. ((Thank you, this is what I was hoping to read)) One tip - the Great Outdoors is an outdoor buffet area at the back of the ship. It's usually less crowded than the indoor one and it's the perfect place for sailaway. Amazing views!

Enjoy, if you do end up going :)

Thanks again for replying.

I hope you are able to find an Aft balcony open on the Sky for a Dec cruise. We just booked a cruise on her for Jan 29th and there was nothing left for Aft cabins except those that were well out of our reach. We were thinking of an Aft Balcony on her or one of the smaller suites but they were sold out already. I think there is a smaller number of suites with balconies as the remodel made some new suites with the floor to ceiling windows instead of a balcony. Good Luck!

Actually it is very surprising for December there are 14 stern balconies left!:eek: Which is good for us while we take a little time to research and decide which way to go (but will keep an eye on them). Unfortunately the aft suites are all gone.

Thank you for your help.

Archived