Bermuda snorkel

travelite

• 3 weeks later...
Where are the best locations to snorkel in Bermuda? Are there any good spots to snorkel from a beach?

Has anyone gone snorkeling in Bermuda with a private guide? -- references please.

I had a great time snorkeling in Tobacco Bay last year. Lots of fish, and warm shallow water. Tobacco Bay is on the east end of the island chain near St. George, a reasonable walk from the ferry terminal. I think you can rent gear there but I just brought my mask and snorkel with me.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a great time snorkeling in Tobacco Bay last year. Lots of fish, and warm shallow water. Tobacco Bay is on the east end of the island chain near St. George, a reasonable walk from the ferry terminal. I think you can rent gear there but I just brought my mask and snorkel with me.

Thanks for your reply. I tried Tobacco Bay last week. It was very windy, clouds and passing rain, with too much chop for snorkeling....same at Church Bay. My luck, the weather was unsettled while I was in Bermuda. I did snorkel one afternoon at Shelley Bay beach along the rocks on the right side. My expectations were low, but I was determined to put my mask on and get my face in the water. Surprise!! I was the only one in the crystal clear calm water with lots of fish, actually schools of several types, even some nice coral....nothing really special or unique, but it was worth doing. I always bring my own gear and hope for the best.

Archived