SPB to Moscow and back!

Does anyone have a recommendation for a full day private shore excursion to Moscow from SPB. We are seeking something similar to ship's offering, but with a private company.

We haven't gone yet, so I can't really recommend, but we're using Alla Tours later this summer. We're in port for 3 days, so we're doing a 2-day St. Petersburg, 1-day Moscow tour. We also considered SPB. Both companies have received great reviews on the boards, more for their St. Petersburg tours.

I highly recommend Anastasia Tours...advertised here on CC. We (6 of us) just used Anastasia last week on our Crystal Serenity cruise. Anastasia was so great to work with....correspondence prior to the cruise, coming up with the tour schedule we wanted and she met up with us each morning. Our tour guide in STP, Svetlana "Lana" was wonderful....very knowledgeable and was more than happy to accomodate us when we wanted to deviate from the pre-scheduled tour. (Anastasia, herself, would have been our guide but she was due to have a baby at any moment.)

Our day trip to Moscow started very early in the morning when we caught the high-speed train for the 3 hr 40 minute ride to Moscow. We were met at the train by another guide (who's name is escaping me right now) and she was also very knowledgeable. Back to the train in Moscow to STP and when we arrived back in STP, our driver was there waiting for us. It was a long day but well worth it and very organized.

I cannot speak highly enough of Anastasia Tours! If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them. But again...HIGHLY recommend Anastasia.

Edited: to add Anastasia's website (showing the Moscow trip) which I believe is not against board rules as its a company that is listed in the Baltic Excursions Advertising thread:

http://anastasia.travel/en/shore-excursions/moscow.html

I highly recommend Anastasia Tours...advertised here on CC. We (6 of us) just used Anastasia last week on our Crystal Serenity cruise. Anastasia was so great to work with....correspondence prior to the cruise, coming up with the tour schedule we wanted and she met up with us each morning. Our tour guide in STP, Svetlana "Lana" was wonderful....very knowledgeable and was more than happy to accomodate us when we wanted to deviate from the pre-scheduled tour. (Anastasia, herself, would have been our guide but she was due to have a baby at any moment.)

Our day trip to Moscow started very early in the morning when we caught the high-speed train for the 3 hr 40 minute ride to Moscow. We were met at the train by another guide (who's name is escaping me right now) and she was also very knowledgeable. Back to the train in Moscow to STP and when we arrived back in STP, our driver was there waiting for us. It was a long day but well worth it and very organized.

I cannot speak highly enough of Anastasia Tours! If you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll be happy to answer them. But again...HIGHLY recommend Anastasia.

Edited: to add Anastasia's website (showing the Moscow trip) which I believe is not against board rules as its a company that is listed in the Baltic Excursions Advertising thread:

http://anastasia.travel/en/shore-excursions/moscow.html

Mszkitty. This is the very tour that I have been looking at for our June 2012 Baltic Cruise. We will only be in SPB for 2 days, but I emailed Anastasia last night asking for more information on the Moscow trip. Our ship doesn't dock until 7am, so I am wondering if we can still do the Moscow trip. I have been to both SPB and Moscow many years ago and would like to see Moscow again. Our ship doesn't depart until 6pm on the second day, so I hope we will be able to take a short tour of SPB then. What do you think? Thanks, Mike

Mszkitty. This is the very tour that I have been looking at for our June 2012 Baltic Cruise. We will only be in SPB for 2 days, but I emailed Anastasia last night asking for more information on the Moscow trip. Our ship doesn't dock until 7am, so I am wondering if we can still do the Moscow trip. I have been to both SPB and Moscow many years ago and would like to see Moscow again. Our ship doesn't depart until 6pm on the second day, so I hope we will be able to take a short tour of SPB then. What do you think? Thanks, Mike

We were in STP 3 days.

1st day: Full day tour of STP...7am-7pm. Long day, but worth it.

2nd day was Moscow: Our train left STP at 6:30am and we got back to STP around 11:30pm (back to the ship just after midnight). I would imagine you could still do the high-speed train to Moscow. You'll just have to take a later train and you might not get as much time in Moscow. I don't know the train's schedule. I would assume that makes a difference on whether it can be done or not.

Email Anastasia and I'm sure she will be able to come up with a tour that will work for you. I will say, however, when we saw her 2 weeks ago, she was due to have a baby any day. So if she's not as quick to respond, give her a chance. I have no doubt she will contact you as soon as she is able.

3rd day: We were able to take a short tour of STP the next day before having to be back on the ship by 5:00.

I know Anastasia will work with you and the ship's schedule.

• 4 months later...

We will be in port for 3 days in St. Petersburg, would like to do Moscow via train, and St. Petersburg. What was your favorites in St. Petersburg, and can you do it in 1 day? On last day I see you did half day, what sites did you see?

Also, in Moscow how big was your group, did you use Metro or car, and what sites did you enjoy/see? Thanks for any help or tips.

Archived