Zuiderdam and Karoake???

phillyg

just got off the ship last week 3/5-12. they have a karaeoke night which then leads to there version of american idol, but it's for only part of the night. they went from kareoke to country music trivia to country line dancing to hip hop all in one night. i'm not a person who'll sing, but they should have kept kareaoke for the entire night

Also, just so you know, on the Zuiderdam they did not let kids join in singing or American Idol. We had alot of teen girls who left broken hearted they couldnt sing. I dont sing but like to go and listen :)

If you want to be in the karaoke...then go the first time it is offered. Read the daily and watch for it. DJ GENO holds it in the Northern Lights Disco the first night. Then it is not offered again. From that, the volunteers can compete in Zuiderdam Idol. We did. It was a hoot. My sister, Husband, and I competed against 5 others. (no children allowed) A tie was the case at the end. I made it to the semi-finals...however, the prizes are limited for those that have worked so hard all week. I rec'd a luggage tag. The prizes for the game show were all silver picture frames (even to the losers) NICE! But, Victoria was awesome (asst. cruise director) and so sweet. SO the contest was all for fun anyway. To heck with prizes. The two winners did receive nice photo frames and some other trinkets. For the semi-finals and finals you have to sing an uptempo song and a ballad. My idea of uptempo was much faster than everyone else's. So....basically, pick on that you like that is upbeat. Fast is not necessary. Go for it. It is a lot of fun. As a family, we had a great time doing it. Others did karaoke the one night offered and didn't compete. One gal was amazing. She would have blown us all out of the water with her outstanding voice. BUT she would not compete. Others missed seeing it in the daily and said they would have liked to compete...so don't miss the timeframe to sign up. Even if you cannot stay that night for karaoke..go see DJ Geno to sign up and fill out an info sheet about yourself. Think of interesting things that others will find humorous. The judges can be a little cruel. Be prepared for comments about your style, key, bio sheet, and even messing with you during the performance. They may mess up your hair or dance behind you...or even leave the stage. If you are older they are less likely to mess with you. Any it was all a lot of fun. It is addictive. To be famous!@#$%^

When I said it is in the Northern Lights disco the first night...I meant the first night that it is offered. After that it is in the Queen's Lounge with a huge audience. However, I believe we first did karaoke on the second night of the cruise. Look carefully in the daily for it. It may be somewhat hidden under music and not be in the part with just the times for things.

Archived