Balmoral - Hans van Welzen

Does anyone know if Hans van Welzen is still with Fred Olsen Cruise line?

I think he was on 2 legs of the World Cruise 2011 on the Balmoral this year and he disembarked in Sydney.

Certainly the Hotel Manager was called Hans and made himself very unpopular by forbidding any of the passengers on Deck 11 to move their sunbeds out of the intense Pacific heat into the few shady areas available.

He was quite tall, well built (but not fat), with silvery grey hair. Does that sound like your man?

Thank you so much, it certainly could be....at least this is another lead...I am sorry to here that you had a negative encounter with him but appreciate that you took the time to reply! I knew him many years ago and would love to get in touch again! I have tracked newspaper articles and I believe he indeed is on the Balmoral. I hope your trip was otherwise enjoyable and thank you once again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hans van Welzen does currently work for Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, please forward any correspondence to Hans van Welzen, Hotel Manager Balmoral, Fred. Olsen House, Whitehouse Road, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP1 5LL and we will forward on with the crew mail at the first opportunity.

Regards Fred. Olsen Cruise Lines, Head Office, Ipswich

Archived