Port Canaveral Hair/Make and hotels???

Just looking for a little feedback. If anyone has had their hair and makeup done in port on embarkment day? Also looking for a hotel somewhat close with a decent price and a shuttle to the cruise!

Thanks guys!!!

Hi there,

I just got married on the Crown Princess, and the night before embarkation we stayed at:

FT. LAUDERDALE AIRPORT/CRUISE

1150 W. STATE RD 84 hor_div.gif FORT LAUDERDALE, FLORIDA 33315 hor_div.gif United States

Hotel Front Desk: 954-828-9905

We actually had a group block set up so that my family could stay there. We had around 12 rooms for the family, and the rate was cheaper because of the group block. They have transportation to the cruise port, but for a fee (in a large van). And the hotel is literally 5 minutes away from the port. The rooms were perfect, very nice and comfortable.

For hair and makeup, I used Noel from http://www.beautybynoel.com, he will come to your hotel room - he came to me at 7 AM!! I showed him a picture of what I wanted and he did it perfectly. He did my bridesmaid's hair as well. I highly recommend him.

Hope this helps you!!

We haven't actually gotten married yet, but I can tell you what we are planning. We are staying at the Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach prior to the cruise because it has good revies and they offer a stay and park package with a shuttle to the cruise terminal. If you don't need to park, there are several more resort like hotels right on the beach in Cocoa Beach. Check out Tripadvisor. I have booked Tiffany with Professional Elegance for hair and make up the morning of the wedding. She will come right to your hotel. She has very good reviews from other cruise brides and she has been very easy and professional to work with.

Let us know what you decide. Congratulations and good luck with the planning!

We stayed at the HOMEWOOD SUITES AIRPORT/CRUISE PORT.

Included in our rate (which was cheaper than the regular going-rate with our group) was free parking and a free shuttle for everyone to the port. They had a VERY large van that held about 30 of our guests at once..and they had a trailer in the back for luggage. It was perfect.

EDIT: This is for Ft Lauderdale...not sure if it was called Port Canaveral or not. If the port is wrong I'm sorry for my useless-to-you information :-)

My group stayed at the Radisson at the Port on March 25, 2011. It is very close to the port and they gave me very good rates with free parking for the duration of our cruise. They also provided a free shuttle to the port. My room was in the 800 building which was newly renovated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and comfortable. However the sleep number beds in my room did not work properly.

For makeup and hair I went with Tiffany from Professional Elegance. http://www.professionalelegance.com She had very reasonable rates, traveled to me for the hair trial and the day of the wedding, and she did a fantastic job! She was very good at responding to all my email questions too. OH, and by the way, she did my Matron of Honors hair and makeup too. She posted photos of me on her website if you would like to see how she did my make up and hair. I heard she is booking up quickly so if you decide to use her, don't wait to put a deposit down to hold your date. Tell her Ann said Hello if you do! :)

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help.

My group stayed at the Radisson at the Port on March 25, 2011. It is very close to the port and they gave me very good rates with free parking for the duration of our cruise. They also provided a free shuttle to the port. My room was in the 800 building which was newly renovated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Hotel was clean and comfortable. However the sleep number beds in my room did not work properly.

For makeup and hair I went with Tiffany from Professional Elegance. www.professionalelegance.com She had very reasonable rates, traveled to me for the hair trial and the day of the wedding, and she did a fantastic job! She was very good at responding to all my email questions too. OH, and by the way, she did my Matron of Honors hair and makeup too. She posted photos of me on her website if you would like to see how she did my make up and hair. I heard she is booking up quickly so if you decide to use her, don't wait to put a deposit down to hold your date. Tell her Ann said Hello if you do! :)

Hope this helps! If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to help.

Ann- you look terrific on her web site!

We stayed at Country Inns and Suites for our last cruise out of Canaveral. We are also booking them for my daughter's wedding. We are in early planning stages so I will post more info as I get it.

I would love to hear about hair/makeup/nail service in the area...Anybody?

We stayed at Country Inns and Suites for our last cruise out of Canaveral. We are also booking them for my daughter's wedding. We are in early planning stages so I will post more info as I get it.

I would love to hear about hair/makeup/nail service in the area...Anybody?

What would you like to know? I could not get TWE to give me any information on who they use in the area. I asked them several times to give me the names of the salons they use but they kept skirting around the answer. They refused to tell me who they use. I wasn't comfortable signing up with a salon I knew nothing about so I did my own research online. I was so happy to find Tiffany with Professional Elegance. Viewing her work on her website and reading reviews put me right at ease. As I stated earlier, she was wonderful. It was really nice having her come to me in the hotel we stayed in rather than having to travel by car to find a salon in an unfamiliar city.

Archived