Reserving specialty restaurants-Is payment due ahead of time?

If I make a reservation for specialty dining, do I need to pay for it at the time of the reservation? What is the cancelation policy for these reservations?

Thanks for any info. Everyone here has been very helpful as I try to get all of our "ducks in a row" for the upcoming first time cruise for the rest of my family. And I've only been twice in my life, once many moons ago and once on a three day cruise back in 2002. So this is all pretty new to me too.

Appreciate all of the input.

The only bad news is that you may spoil your family by starting their cruise experience with arguably the greatest ship ever built. We've worked our way from small 3 day trips, to Voyager, to the Freedom two years ago. And I think we will still be blown away by the Allure next month! :)

Yes, you do pay in advance, however you csan cancel before you leave up to 10 days before and it will go back on your CC. If you cancel on board (at least 24 hours before) it will show as a credit on your Sea Pass card.

It is the same with shore excursions if you book prior to cruise you pay with a cc. If you book on board you pay with your Sea Pass card.

Archived