Ocho Rios

buglver066

I tried looking on the Jamaica thread for this and found my exact same question from over a week ago and still not answered. So. I figured I would come over here and ask and see what opinions I can get :rolleyes:.

We are looking at doing just a beach excursion in Ocho Rios. We want to go around the Falls because it is not something we want to miss but we are not going to be able to climb them---at least most of the people in our party (three kids under 3 and two adults with knee/back problems). There are two beaches that seem to be around the Falls so we wouldn't miss out on getting to see them and those of us who are able to/want to climb them still would be able to. Those beaches are Paradise Beach and Bamboo Beach. I have seen a lot of negative reviews on both of them BUT the way we figure it is we are going to a beach for a couple hours and mostly just want to be able to say we have seen the Falls.

So my question (FINALLY) is which beach would you guys suggest? :confused::confused::confused:

The beaches around the falls are nice. I think you'd be good with either. Just FYI - There is a walkway beside the falls that you can walk up if you want so that might be an option for those who don't want to climb. You will LOVE the climb though! It was something that is not to be missed!

I haven't been to Ocho Rios in about 7.5 yrs. But yes you can climb the side of the falls, or go up Dunns River Falls as much as you can & get off at certain spots.

DEFINITELY wear water shoes! I'm glad I experienced it but was nervous. I got off & walked up the rest of the way. Hubby went all the way up & loved it.

We also did the Martha Brae rafting & Red Stripe boat cruise, had a blast on both!

Sorry can't really recommend one beach or the other, but we walked a good part of the beach when we went there on a land vacation & it was beautiful! Didn't see any stretch of beach that wasn't!

Archived