If you've been on NCL Gem w/ under 3yo

tbag124

And you took them to specialty restaurants, what did they eat? I saw there is no charge for kids under 3. Our son (21m at the time) will be with us at Teppanyaki (he loves rice and noodles), Tequila, Cagney's and the Italian Place. Did any of these places offer a kids menu? He probably will not eat much so he'll be eating off of our plates and the bread basket but I was just wondering if they had any kiddie options. I'm not expecting much since we don't have to pay for him.

We are going early and w/a large family group so please no flames about not bringing kids to Cagney's etc. ;)

Thanks!

On the Jade, the ship-wide child menu is available for free in all the specialty restaurants except Teppanyaki (and possibly Cagneys). Kids of any age pay full price in Teppanyaki because of the limited seating.

Best,

Mia

On the Jade' date=' the ship-wide child menu is available for free in all the specialty restaurants except Teppanyaki (and possibly Cagneys). Kids of any age pay full price in Teppanyaki because of the limited seating.

Best,

Mia[/quote']

They didn't tell me this about Teppanyaki. My whole family has it reserved so I don't think it will be an issue. I wouldnt mind paying $25 for him there anywhere b/c I know he'll eat. I'm just curious as to what is on the children's menu? Thanks!

Like the above poster said DD could order off the kids menu from the main dining room. I don't remember what was on it exactly but it was typical kids menu food (chicken fingers, burger etc). We would often just order her a piece of grilled chicken and a fruit up with a side of veggies (she had some allergies) and it was no problem getting that for free either. DD was 18 months old at the time.

They've never charged full fare for our kids in the specialty restaurants... it's been 1/2 price. And, the kids menu is available in all restaurants. In our experience, when the kids order off the kids menu, there has been no charge for them at all.... but, since your little one likes rice and noodles (and will LOVE the show the chef puts on!)... they'll probably charge 1/2 price.

We brought our entire family to Teppanyaki last summer. We took up all the seats. Our two older kids 8 and 11 were given full adult meals-which they still rave about. I don't remember the charge for them, a relative was with us and picked up the bill. Our two younger ones 2 and 4 were not part of the reservation. Because of the U shaped table we were able to place them in the corners. There is not enough space for an actual place setting, but perfect for a highchair. They were then able to eat off our plates. There was plenty of food to go around. My 4yo only wanted bread, we told him "No," but the staff must have heard, and the staff went down to the main dining room and brought him back rolls. Then for dessert brought the 2 younger ones dessert from the main dining room. It was a great show and everyone loved it. My 4yo was especially entertained. The staff was wonderful.

Archived