Is this doable?

Boatingmom

Hi Boatingmon - I think we have just had a chat on the Barbados boards!

What you are looking at is totally doable. We were only in port until 3pm but went to Romney Manor and Cockleshell. We went with Royston Tours. He was very flexible and will do whatever you want. He would take you to the fort and he is also very reasonable.

He comes highly recommended on these board. His van is old, with no seatbelts and he likes to take the windows out but his knowledge of the island is great and he is a lovely man who is really helpful.

I must say I was a bit disappointed with Cockleshell and feel we would have been better going to South Friars (Royston said SF would be better but my daughter really wanted to see the pig and monkeys who live on Cockleshell).:)

Yes wilson4 its me. I'm actually researching all the ports we're supposed to visit. It seems great minds think alike.:D In St Kitts you suggest South Friars. do you know which is calmer SFB or Cockleshell? What didnt you like about Cockleshell beach? (BTW any suggestions for tortola?)

Hi Boating Mom

There was nothing wrong with the beach but it was a bit run down and there was some rubbish near the water and in the water. We may have just been unlucky the day we went there but a number of people have said they prefer South Friars. I have not been there so I don't know first hand.

I have not been to Tortola so no suggestions. I notice for that location, you talk about not wanting a scary ride. I must mention that if you go with Royston in St Kitts, you should ask him not to go up the big scary hill where you get the best view ever but I was so scared at the edge of the cliff that I could not speak. My husband thanked Royston, saying that I can never complain about his driving again!!

Archived