Best Beach in Nassau

GOTNTITANS

We will be in Nassau 7/18/11. Trying to figure out the best beach to hang out at for the day. We don't really care to pay to go to a beach, but are willing if the beach is better and has chairs and facilities. I have heard things about Cabbage Beach, Cable Beach & Junkanoo Beach. I have heard mixed about all 3. Anyone have suggestions? Also what is the best way to get to the beaches. I know the one is within walking distance from the Port.

We are 2 families of four traveling together. 3-18 yr old & 1-6 yr old to keep happy!! The adults are fine to just sit, relax & have drinks!

We are so excited about going to the Bahama's! I have always wanted to go there.

Also I had read where there is a little place right around the ship's docks that sell the best conch fritters on the island. Has anyone been to it and can tell how to find it? This is a must do for me!

Happy Cruising!!

I've only been to Cabbage Beach & even though there were a few big waves, the sand & water were beautiful. Friends of ours used the restroom by the RCI pool - they just went in acting like they were staying there and used it no problem. This Sept. we're going to spend the $25 for a day pass at the Sheraton Cable Beach.

This thread may help you - it has quite a bit of info on the beaches:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1369735&highlight=cable+and+cabbage+beach

I loved the British Colonial Hilton. Great facilities and food!

See pics in my album.

$55 per person...5 and under free

https://picasaweb.google.com/107374688380069501574/CarnivalFantasyCruise2011?feat=directlink

At this price did it include any food? We went to this place in 2008 and paid 15$ p.p for a day pass......

At this price did it include any food? We went to this place in 2008 and paid 15$ p.p for a day pass......

The Hilton Day pass includes a $30 voucher for food and drink from the Patio Grill. They have beach and Poolside service as well.

Blue Lagoon Island Beach day has been cancelled during our trip. My first choice was BCH but I am concerned that there may not be children there as many posts state that it is a great relaxing beach for adults. I also like the fact that it is in walking distance from the pier. Wyndam would be my 2nd option but I believe it will be extra crowded due to the original excursion being cancelled and because NCL is now offereing this as another excursion choice. Has anyone who visitied BCH noticed if there were other children there? I want to make sure that my 9 year old will enjoy himself.

BY the way....I love the pics that you posted frenchsnowhite. Can you provide any more feedback on your BCH experience? Thanks

Ooops....I am sorry the above question should be directed to Jhynes 97 who posted the great pics from BCH.

DeeDee1234 I'm not the one who posted this picture, but I have similar ones!!!

We went to HBC in august 2008 with our 3 kids and they loved it!

So did we!!!! We paid 15$ p.p to have access to the beach, beach chairs, towels and facilities. It was a great price for the small time we had in Nassau with the Carnival Glory;)

Thanks for the information. I did realize after the fact the the pics were not posted by you. I was torn between BCH and Wyndam but I am going to stick with BCH. I really think that wyndam will be more crowded than I would like it to be since the original excursion was canceled. I like the idea of being able to walk around the corner and not having to wait on a shuttle or jitney. As long as there is at least one other child there my son will enjoy it. I can't believe you only paid $15 just 3 years ago...

Thanks for the information. I did realize after the fact the the pics were not posted by you. I was torn between BCH and Wyndam but I am going to stick with BCH. I really think that wyndam will be more crowded than I would like it to be since the original excursion was canceled. I like the idea of being able to walk around the corner and not having to wait on a shuttle or jitney. As long as there is at least one other child there my son will enjoy it. I can't believe you only paid $15 just 3 years ago...

It was very quiet when we went. In fact there was only one other family with us;) Very very small beach, but clean, safe and ok with young kids.

Yep! only 15$ but no food or drinks were included.

We are debating between BCH and Sheraton, and I think the Sheraton will win because it has a bigger beach ;)

Does anyone know if there a day pass to BCH which does not include food? We are a family of 5, will not spend a great deal of time on the beach, and would rather not spend the $55 pp which includes lunch. Thanks!

I thought the same thing about paying the $55 at the BCH and using the food vouchers. There will be 4 of us but then when I thought that if we are there for the day and its hot, your going to need at least something to drink (water, soda, something frozen) and I read on the boards that the Sheraton is pricey. Even if you eat on the boat, kids are always hungry and want something to eat. Then add that in and I bet 5 people can spend $150 easily. Even if you don't, I bet you would come close. Another thing to add in is the cost of the cab. That is another $40 plus tip to add into the cost of the day. BCH you can walk to. I'd rather spend the $55 knowing what I'm going to spend then spend the $25 each then get hit with a big bill at the end of the day. I'm going to do the day pass in October so if you do decide to go before then, please come back and give a review. I'd love to hear about it.

Day passes at the British Colonial Hilton questions?

1. Do they have a place to change?

2. What do you get with your Day Pass?

3. What is a Jitney? I assume it is some kind of a bus?

4. Where do you catch the Jitney at the Port area and how close does it you to the Hilton?

5. What hours does the Jitney run?

6. How long should we allow to spend there?

We (10 of us) are there in July on the Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas and it is in port Noon - 11:50 pm.

Day passes at the British Colonial Hilton questions?

1. Do they have a place to change? Access to the whole facility including rest rooms

2. What do you get with your Day Pass? see above and a $30 food and drink voucher

3. What is a Jitney? I assume it is some kind of a bus? bus

4. Where do you catch the Jitney at the Port area and how close does it you to the Hilton? The Hilton is about a 10 minute walk from the Pier I'm told so you shouldn't need to take the jitney or a taxi

5. What hours does the Jitney run?don't know this answer but I'm sure Scubagirl will answer this

6. How long should we allow to spend there? I would think the whole day until at least 5-6pm but again, not 100% sure of this.

We (10 of us) are there in July on the Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas and it is in port Noon - 11:50 pm.

Enjoy! I have to wait until October :(

Unfortunately you cannot purchase the day passes in advance. I tried but was told you can only buy them directly from the hotel when you get there. I guess that is the better bet since if the weather is bad you will not have to worry about trying to cancel / get your money back. The email I received from BCH did not mention anything about restricting the # of day passes you can buy.

Actually you can through Island Marketing and its $5 cheaper but I'm with DeeDee. For the $5 I would rather wait & make sure the weather is good. Island Marketing won't give you a refund unless they cancel it for bad weather. I do have a copy of the link but not sure if I can post it...so look at www bahama cruise excursions dot com and look for the Nassau Hilton Beach Resort. It gives you an idea on what the day pass includes. It is the same as you would get at the hotel itself. I called to make sure and the person at the Hilton even told me I could purchase from them if I wanted to purchase in advance. I would think that would make them reputable.

I would have to say the Hilton only because I don't think $55 is a bad price considering adults get $30 back towards food and drinks. Basically you would be paying $25....who can beat that, especially when they also offer beach and pool side service. I am so looking forward to eatig lunch by the pool :cool:. I also like that it is within walking distance from the pier so I will not have to wait on any other form of transportation. I am not big on buffets but if you are you may enjoy the Wyndam as their price includes the lunch buffet. The Sheraton is not on my list since no food was included.

Per Island Marketing website, here are the prices for the children:

$25.00US

CHILD (6-12 Years)

Exclusive Day Pass Package Includes:

-Use of beach chairs/pool chairs/ umbrellas

-One beach towel per customer

-Use of Kayaks and Floats

-$10usd Voucher for Food and Beverage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FREE

CHILD (5 Years and Under)

Exclusive Day Pass Package Includes:

-Use of beach chairs/pool chairs/ umbrellas

-One beach towel per customer

-Use of Kayaks and Floats

so being that the adults are $5 more if you buy at the Hilton the same day then the price that Island Marketing charges if you book in advance, I would think the children 6-12 may be $30 but with that you get a $10 voucher and your 5 year old would be free. I'm looking forward to having a few drinks while relaxing on the beach. This sounds like the best place for that.

Archived