Celebrity Exursion -- Santaigo De Compostela half day

AEGBRG

Hi everyone.

Has anyone done this excursion with Celebrity? They say the total time is 5 hrs. and 15 min but that includes the 3 hours driving both directions. So is 2 hrs and 15 min. enough time to see the city?

At over $50 pp for the tour, I am trying to decide if it is worth it considering the amount of time will be in the city for.

Thanks in advance.

It takes closer to an hour between Vigo and Santiago. It's a shame though that they don't have plans to stay longer in Santiago. It's beautiful, my favorite in Spain. How many in your group? Depending how many hours you are in port you could do on your own or with a taxi or driver.

However, if this is your only way to do it I would still say its worth it. 3 hrs in Santiago is better than zero hrs in Santiago!

It takes closer to an hour between Vigo and Santiago. It's a shame though that they don't have plans to stay longer in Santiago. It's beautiful, my favorite in Spain. How many in your group? Depending how many hours you are in port you could do on your own or with a taxi or driver.

However, if this is your only way to do it I would still say its worth it. 3 hrs in Santiago is better than zero hrs in Santiago!

There are 5 of us. I am nervous to try and do it our own considering we are only in port from 9:30 to 4:30. Ideally, I would like to take the train on our own, but I am nervous about time. Does anyone know the cost of the train round-trip? Even if it's a lot cheaper, I am still inclined to just take the ship's tour and play it by the safe side.

Hi again,

I understand your concern given the number of hours you're in port. I was hoping you had an earlier arrival and/or later departure that what you have. The train is not expensive at all and its easy, but given your schedule I wouldn't recommend it. Frankly, you're better off taking the ship's tour. Santiago is very special and is worth a visit, even if its a short one. I have visited three times and I'm going back later this summer for my fourth, the first time I'll be visiting while cruising.

You may enjoy this thread started by a poster (Keltic) who lives in Santiago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1381212

Enjoy!

Train is 8,70 single, with 10% off return. Time is a little bit too short. Don´t hesitate and go. If you don´t want to take the ship excursion, consider the option of the taxi fare for cruisers. Just get off, walk for 100 meters and ask for "tarifa para cruceristas a Santiago". It´s about 130 euros rt with a waiting time there. If you take the cab, you´ll be there in 50 minutes, three hours in the city which is not much but gives a glimpse of it, and cab back.

You will not regret it. It´s one of that magic place which usually Americans tend to love as it´s quite different to what they have at home.

Archived