Deal or no Deal game? cost? worth it?

Deal or No Deal was being "trialed" on the Jewel during our recent 5/1 cruise. It was held in the main showroom and your purchase a bingo type of card with the suitcases on it and lift up the tabs when the on stage person picks the numbers. The cost was $25.00 per card and they played it 4 times during the 9 day cruise. We were told that if the game is successfull it will be rolled out to the fleet.

Deal or No Deal was being "trialed" on the Jewel during our recent 5/1 cruise. It was held in the main showroom and your purchase a bingo type of card with the suitcases on it and lift up the tabs when the on stage person picks the numbers. The cost was $25.00 per card and they played it 4 times during the 9 day cruise. We were told that if the game is successfull it will be rolled out to the fleet.

Thanks! :-)

Going on the Jewel tomorrow actually and had same question... Poster had just come back from Jewel the beginning of this week for 7 day cruise. I am assuming they lowered the actual price because he stated the cards were only 19.95. Stated that some people won on the cards and 1 person gets picked to go up on stage and do the game with actual cases. Said people won a few hundred here and there and that the top prize was free cruise for 2.

Going on the Jewel tomorrow actually and had same question... Poster had just come back from Jewel the beginning of this week for 7 day cruise. I am assuming they lowered the actual price because he stated the cards were only 19.95. Stated that some people won on the cards and 1 person gets picked to go up on stage and do the game with actual cases. Said people won a few hundred here and there and that the top prize was free cruise for 2.

Awesome! I like hearing people won! :-)

When my daughter and I were on the Jewel 5/10 they asked us to fill out a questionnaire. My one thing I mentioned was the price should be lower making it more affordable to more people. Maybe it worked if you said it is 19.95. It was fun to play and especially when you won something.

We played 2x on the 5/28 Jewel sailing. It wasn't bad but with everything sold as a game of chance -- found the payouts weren't that thrilling.

We found Bingo to be even a worse deal as the payout typically was about $200 on a card purchase that might cost $70.

Archived