Dawn aft balcony 8676?

tinasmom8

We're sailing our second cruise in October. We were really excited to book an aft balcony, but now I'm realizing that it's directly over the Spinnaker lounge and there are no other aft balcony cabins available. Would you move to a non-aft balcony to avoid the noise? I don't know enough about the noise level to know if it's going to be a real problem. DH can probably sleep through anything, but me - not as easily. If I run a fan at night, will that drown out the noise? :confused:

I would do a search of this site. There have been a couple/few posts regarding the noise on deck 8 coming from the Spinnaker. Not sure how much it would bother you. The other posters mention the noise level and times it occurred. Good luck.

@rsullivan -

I once refused an upgrade from an aft cabin to a side mini suite. Nothing's going to get us out of an aft cabin, even one above the Spinnaker Lounge. On our very first cruise we found out that our cabin was right above the theater on the Sun. I do get crotchety when I have to listen to modern music, but that cruise was just great. Yes, we could hear the drummer go through his routine in late afternoon, but that was it. Don't do anything hasty. You've got the best spot on the ship.

@rsullivan -

I once refused an upgrade from an aft cabin to a side mini suite. Nothing's going to get us out of an aft cabin, even one above the Spinnaker Lounge. On our very first cruise we found out that our cabin was right above the theater on the Sun. I do get crotchety when I have to listen to modern music, but that cruise was just great. Yes, we could hear the drummer go through his routine in late afternoon, but that was it. Don't do anything hasty. You've got the best spot on the ship.

Jay the theater is one thing the DJ at 2 am screaming dance dance dance is another. I love my aft balcony but would move of 8 in a second. Even the Gem after dry dock and modifications to the sound proofing for bliss was a nightmare. Before that all you heard was the dull sound of the bass. Now you can sing along at 2 am

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Would moving up to deck 9 aft be far enough away from Spinnakers? :confused: There's an aft cabin available on 9 the following week. We can be flexible, so I don't mind switching if it will mean I don't need to worry about the noise.

I switched our weeks so that we could book an aft balcony on deck 9 instead of 8. We're lucky that we could both still change our vacation schedules at work. Now I'm confident that we won't need to worry about the Spinnaker noise. Thanks again to everyone who provided guidance. :)

Archived