Freedom versus Epic?

pbasciano

I am trying to choose between the Freedom of the Seas and the Epic. They are both going the same route. For about $500 less I can get a mini-suite on the Epic plus about $170 in on board credit and a bottle of wine as compared to a balcony room on the Freedom with no on board credit. Any suggestions?

I am trying to choose between the Freedom of the Seas and the Epic. They are both going the same route. For about $500 less I can get a mini-suite on the Epic plus about $170 in on board credit and a bottle of wine as compared to a balcony room on the Freedom with no on board credit. Any suggestions?

Also, we plan to bring along our 2 year old. On the Epic I think there is free daycare service but on the Freedom I think they have a Royal Tots program but the charge is $8 an hour if I am reading things correctly. Is it worth the difference to go on the Freedom?

I've done Indy of the Seas 6mnth ago and Epic last week. I'm planning on doing a comparison post between the two but in summary.

Found Ship layout, open decks, lounges and Ents better on Indy.

Nightime venues better on Epic.

Late night eats better on Epic at OSheehans versus Cafe Promenade/Sorrentos

If you have kids then water slides versus flow rider

Main restaurants about the same, buffet Windjammer edges the Garden Cafe.

I have been "loyal to Royal" for the past 8 years.

At the end of April we stepped out of our comfort zone and tried the EPIC - fantastic. I vote for the EPIC. It is an amazing ship...nothing against RCI though - just suggesting you give it a try. I don't think you would regret it...especially with the cost difference and the OBC.

Again, with the worries from the reviews... Make your own assumption by going! I know its an big investment for some to go on a cruise vacation and want everything to be 1st class, but realize your experience on any ship is practically what YOU make it to be.

Archived