Hotels during Air Show

lds1234

Has anyone stayed at one of the hotels on the beach during the Air show in late May/early April? I just found out this is going to be going on when we are ther and was worried about the crowds/road closings and being able to drive to the port from the hotel

Which hotel are you staying at?

"Show Central" is at A1A and Sunrise Blvd. and I always enter from Sunrise, but A1A is closed off quite some distance to the north and south. I know for instance that the Holiday Inn brings people in and out on a golf cart, I believe they have to park at the Galleria. The streets are reopened later at night, but you need passes to get in during the day and can only get so far in... It seems to be just VIP parking, and condo residents that get over the bridges.

If you're staying south of Las Olas you should be able to get in and out, but you may have to deal with a lot of traffic. You should call your hotel and find out what their procedure is, or if you really want to be safe and aren't interested in seeing the show you might want to stay inland.

It's a massive event with extreme crowds, if you've never seen it it's a LOT of fun... http://www.airseashow.com/

If I remember correctly the roads down there aren't closed, but you will have massive crowds to deal with either way. That event is HUGE, they claim it's the largest spectator event in the world and draws 4 million people over the weekend. I don't know how accurate that is, but all I know is it's more people than I've ever seen in one place in my life, and I've been to some pretty big events.

All I can tell you is that *I* personally wouldn't want to go anywhere near the beach on that weekend if I wasn't going to the show.

Archived