Epic - Med Excursions 2011

Gymmonster

Hi to all,

Despite 26 years in the Navy myself and my financee are about to embark on our first cruise on the Epic in September.

We have read that private excursions offer better value for money than those organised by the ship and are often better as they are smaller.

It would be really helpful to know more about this, we love the idea of 'freestyle' dining, we go on holiday not to wear a tie or formal dress, like where the ship is going but want to get the most out of the shore trips.

Thanks to all in advance and if you are embarking on the Epic on 18 September we may see you then!

Regards

Simon:cool:

You should visit the ports of call section under the Shore Excursions forum then click on Europe. You will find a lot of useful information there about private tour companies, ship excursions and the ports of call. You should also find your cruise on the roll calls forum and join your roll call. You may be able to find some others on your cruise that are wanting to share in a private tour. Most private tour companies can accommodate up to 8 people, making the cost a lot less expensive for you since the price they charge is for the vehicle and not per person.

I find it very helpful to find the ship's excursion that includes the sights you want to visit in each port and then hire a private tour company that offers those sights in their itinerary. With a private company, you will get to see much more than what is offered through the ship's excursion, and you can tailor your tour to add or delete whatever sights do or do not interest you.

Have a wonderful time.

My husband and I will be on the sept 18 sailing, super excited! Have you checked the role call board yet? Unless they've already been filled someone does have 2 spots open for private tours to all three italian ports.

Archived