Question about destiny

crazidude1400

I would recommend reading the many reviews in the review section on this board and also viewing all the comments on the "Destiny- Past and Future Cruisers" thread that is very popular and usually on the front page here. My experience saw the locals as being the minority, but they were all mostly loads of fun! There were 2 huge groups on my sailing- Baptist convention and a several year class reunion all from the US.... We met folks from all over the world though and the people were so friendly... Each sailing will bring a different set of people out to have fun- just go with the flow and enjoy whatever she brings you :)

We didn't do the waterslide this time around.... I just don't get into a mouth full of salt water although I love water slides and water parks...

WE didn't feel out of place when we were on her two years ago. YOu have all different makes of people and everyone is there to have fun and relax It will be fine. I am not a slide girl but can say that every picture of my hubby come down it He had a smile on his face

We were recently on the Destiny (Feb 05). To answer your question....not very many.

But I will share something that my DH seems to have figured out. When reading all of the postings - Destiny specifically - he noticed that postings with complaints about "locals" seem to happen more suring the summer cruises. We have come to surmise that it happens during the summer and less in the winter and early spring cruises because the winter/early spring is prime cruising time. Carnival - or any other line - probably does not have many cabins to offer the local folks because people like DH and I are desperate to escape the northeast winter weather. But, in the summer there are probably more open cabins that then get offered to the locals.

We also noticed that many of those posting refer kids being out of control. So summer - when they are out of school - seems to make sense.

Like I said before.....just an observation.

Archived