short tour? Rum distillery?

ehrlichpuppy

Has anyone been on a tour to the rum distillery? would you recomend it? We are looking for a short tour & the cruise line has one that is around 3 hours ( I think) We (DH anyway) aren't really beach/snorkeling people. We were thinking of maybe even skipping this port & staying on the ship- they usually have really good spa deals on port days

"We were thinking of maybe even skipping this port & staying on the ship- they usually have really good spa deals on port days"

No, no, no.

Please don't skip Barbados. It's one of the best!

Skip Jamaica. Skip Martinique. Skip Martinique. Oh, did I already say to skip Martinique? But you'll be disappointed if you skip Barbados.

Take the brewery tour or just walk a short distance to Pelican Village and look at the wares, but please give us a chance. You won't be sorry.

Maybe try a short taxi tour so you'll see what some of the island has to offer.

Barbados is truly special, It has more to offer than all of the other islands. If you spent a week here, you probably wouldn't see it all.

Please don't stay on the ship.

Come enjoy and get to know us. :) :) :)

Yes, I agree, don't miss Barbados. Its a lovely island with so much to see and do. We were wondering about the rum distillery this visit ... maybe someone else will post here. At the moment, having done several tours of the island on previous cruise stops here, we just plan to wander along to Lobster Alive in Carlisle Bay if nothing better attracts us in the meantime.

• 1 month later...

We had been to Barbados before and taken an island tour, so decided to just take a cab ($3 each) for the rum tour when we visited April 2010. Since we were there on a Sat., and I had conflicting info about Mt. Gay being open, we had the tourist booth at the pier call ahead for us to confirm, and they gave us a brochure with a coupon for a free mini bottle of rum each. No problem getting a taxi there. It is a short ride to Mt. Gay. Our tour guide did a good job, and gave us all a small rum punch to drink during the video. At the end, you could try two of the rums, a VERY small amount. I think the regular price of the tour was about $7 each. We shared a cab with some other tour goers to a beach afterwards, who had arranged to have their taxi return for them.

Archived