Wi-Fi Venice

cruisintwinsmom

FWIW, the city of Venice has -- or at least had -- almost city-wide WiFi. Free for residents and something like 4 or 5 euros for visitors per day. This info is over a year old, so I don't know if it still exists.

We tried to access the wifi at MacDonalds in Como last year. You needed a password and to get that you needed to have an Italian phone number to where they could send the password. My husband, who speaks Italian, asked what we could do as we dont have an Italian phone. Were told we couldn't use it as it was a security law.

I dont know if that is true, but we always needed a password to use hotel wifi, be it free or not. Quite unlike the situation we found in Turkey a couple of years ago.

So sometimes we just paid, but it wasn't very expensive. A few euros, same as a softdrink!

I am posting this from Venice right now. Before we left the USA, we purchased our ACTV passes and internet passes. We paid the pre-purchase price of 8 euro. (Didn't have to buy euro before we got here.) We were able to connect right away. Service is great near the Grand Canal, but wanes when you get away from it. Our hotel offers free wi-fi and that works when we are in the room.

Safe travels!

I am posting this from Venice right now. Before we left the USA, we purchased our ACTV passes and internet passes. We paid the pre-purchase price of 8 euro. (Didn't have to buy euro before we got here.) We were able to connect right away. Service is great near the Grand Canal, but wanes when you get away from it. Our hotel offers free wi-fi and that works when we are in the room.

Safe travels!

Thanks for this current information. I went to the Venice Connected website and found the information I need.

http://www.veniceconnected.com/node/1593

Cheers!

Safe travels!

Thanks!

Archived