looking for guides in Zakynthos, Kotor, Koper

We are sailing on the Marina in September from Venice to Istanbul and I would like recommendations for private guides. I prefer a private guide to a large group as offered by the ship. I appreciate any input.

Zakynthos:

You don't need a guide for this port.

I would recommend either renting a car and driving around the island, or taking a tour by boat to the Blue Caves and Shipwreck Beach. At Shipwreck Beach they tie up and you can go for a quick swim. They do the same at the Blue Caves. The scenery is beautiful and the water is so clear and so blue....ah...it brings back good memories. :)

Zakynthos:

You don't need a guide for this port.

I would recommend either renting a car and driving around the island, or taking a tour by boat to the Blue Caves and Shipwreck Beach. At Shipwreck Beach they tie up and you can go for a quick swim. They do the same at the Blue Caves. The scenery is beautiful and the water is so clear and so blue....ah...it brings back good memories. :)

Question for Aohkay:

We will be in Zakynthos in November 2011 and are not interested in the caves or swimming. I found information on cab tours as follows:

Zante Radio Taxi: Cab rates 2011 from Zakynthos Town to Bochali – 7 euros

There is only one official taxi company on the island and the taxis are recognizable by their silver/grey colour.

TOUR AROUND THE ISLAND PER HOUR 40.00 €

http://www.zantetaxi.gr/en_zakynthos_tours.php

The web site has some suggested itineraries anywhere from a 45 minute tour to 2 and 1/2 hours and more. It looks like it would be fairly easy to catch a cab from Solomos Square. We have a short stop at this island (8am to 3pm) and it is a tender port.

Just wondering if you know anything about Bochali or Bohali? It seems like there is a "castle" at the top of the hill (Bochali Hill) but looks like the town of Bohali might be different than Bochali?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Question for Aohkay:

We will be in Zakynthos in November 2011 and are not interested in the caves or swimming. I found information on cab tours as follows:

Zante Radio Taxi: Cab rates 2011 from Zakynthos Town to Bochali – 7 euros

There is only one official taxi company on the island and the taxis are recognizable by their silver/grey colour.

TOUR AROUND THE ISLAND PER HOUR 40.00 €

http://www.zantetaxi.gr/en_zakynthos_tours.php

The web site has some suggested itineraries anywhere from a 45 minute tour to 2 and 1/2 hours and more. It looks like it would be fairly easy to catch a cab from Solomos Square. We have a short stop at this island (8am to 3pm) and it is a tender port.

Just wondering if you know anything about Bochali or Bohali? It seems like there is a "castle" at the top of the hill (Bochali Hill) but looks like the town of Bohali might be different than Bochali?

Thanks for any recommendations.

I think taking a tour by cab is a good idea, as you have such a short amount of time. Zante is a beautiful island and there many gorgeous areas...yes, Bochali is one of them. The view overlooking Zakynthos and the harbour is breathtaking. It will only take a few minutes to get there...in fact my BBF and I walked back to town from Akrotiri which is way past Bochali. :)

Yes, there are many cabs lined up in the square, but if you specifically want the tour and a driver that speaks good English, book the tour.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Lisa

I think taking a tour by cab is a good idea, as you have such a short amount of time. Zante is a beautiful island and there many gorgeous areas...yes, Bochali is one of them. The view overlooking Zakynthos and the harbour is breathtaking. It will only take a few minutes to get there...in fact my BBF and I walked back to town from Akrotiri which is way past Bochali. :)

Yes, there are many cabs lined up in the square, but if you specifically want the tour and a driver that speaks good English, book the tour.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

Lisa

Thanks Lisa for the information!

Archived