Norwegian Sea

forensicpro

I'm cruising on Norwegian Sea on March 26, and this will be my first cruise. I am curious about shore excursions. The ship stops in Roatan, and I've seen advertisements for Foster's West Bay Resort but it doesn't seem to be offered on the excursion order form. What risk am I running by planning my own excursion? Is it best to just go with what the company offers for the first time? Any help would be appreciated.

Planning your own excursion will usually save some money. Make sure that you are going to be back in time to re-board the ship. There was recently a thread about a couple that missed the ship in Roatan.

They only allowed ½ to get back from the beach and they didn't stay on ships time as they were told to do. When they got back to the pier the ship was long gone.

Have you checked out the Roatan section of the "Ports of Call" forum? Click Here to Get There. You may be able to find others who have done the excursion that you are looking at.

Don't forget to check out "Roll Calls" to see if others are going on the same cruise. On our last cruise at lot of our roll call group worked up excursions together.

Hope this helps,

Charlie

We just returned from the Sea and did Fosters Resort on our own. We got off the ship and found a taxi van for the 13 of us. The rate was $20.00 a head minus 1 person discount. Thought it was kind of steep but wanted to get to the beach. We intended to go to Fantasy Island but were told there was a $9.00 charge per person so they talked us into Fosters Beach Resort on Tabayana beach. This is beside the beach area where the ship takes you for way more money. As it turned out our taxi driver "Lina" was great. She stayed with us all day, even at the beach, she watched our stuff, called all the right staff for anything we wanted at the beach, etc. Beach chairs at Fosters are $5.00 each. Hair braiding was $25.00. Lina would have taken us anywhere we wanted to go. When we were done at the beach we headed back to the ship and she took a different route so we could see even more of the island. She also provided information about the island, the people, schooling, etc. Once back to the ship area she even walked us to the shopping area. It was well worth the $20.00 each and we tipped her well too. Everything we did on the island was done independently/private bookings and never had a problem with anything. They will have you back on the ship in time, this is their business. If word gets out that a tour operator got someone back late, that would be the end of their business. Everyone was very professional. Roaton is a beautiful island. My favourite of the bunch!

Thunder_lin, Roatan was my favorite as well....we were on the same cruise. We paid the $50 each through the ship's ShoreEx and did the Tabyana Beach Party....took our own snorkel gear and had a blast. :)

Archived