Extra Shuttles/Vans waiting in Civitavecchia port??

TravelCouple

Has anyone noticed if there are any extra shuttles, limos or vans waiting for passengers? Not just the ones that were already pre-booked.

I'm curious because we plan on just getting on a shuttle as get off the ship. We think it will be less expensive for us to share a van with others thinking of doing the same thing as us.

We have to catch a flight home right away, so I need to get an idea of how plentiful these transfer services are at the port.

Thanks!

For us last year Rome was a port stop, not a disembarkation point, but there was one shuttle bus that took people to the train station....There were not any vans, etc for transfers into Rome per se except for that

Has anyone noticed if there are any extra shuttles, limos or vans waiting for passengers? Not just the ones that were already pre-booked.

I'm curious because we plan on just getting on a shuttle as get off the ship. We think it will be less expensive for us to share a van with others thinking of doing the same thing as us.

We have to catch a flight home right away, so I need to get an idea of how plentiful these transfer services are at the port.

Thanks!

We are leaving the ship early in order to make an 11:50 plane home. Because of this we were told to pre-book a transfer, which we have. This is only hearsay, however I was warned to pre-book because if there are vans available they will charge more! Good Luck. If you need names, contact me. Queenk2@aol.com What ship and date are you going? We are on the Galaxy July 25th.

Karen

It just seems so expensive to pay 160 U.S.for both of us, just to get a transfer from the port to the airport. I really don't care if we travel by luxury means (ie. a mercedes car). We just want to get to the airport as fast as we can. I just hope that the Celebrity shuttle to the aiport doesn't wait long because we do have to catch a flight.

I guess I'm scared to have to scramble for a shuttle bus to the airport, because our flight home is for 12 noon. So it looks like I will book the transfer with Celebrity thru my travel agent. Although I still think it is really outrageous how they can charge this much even if it is an hour away! God I could pay for a day tour to Florence with the same amount. But anyway...we don't have much choice at this point.

P.S. We sail with Galaxy on June 24.

• 2 months later...

george,

how did you organize your 10-passenger trip to the airport? did you do it ahead of time via this forum, or did you already have 10 people in your group? my wife and i would be interested in sharing such a van ride to the airport on august 26th.

bruce

Archived