Zuiderdam ? - Who is Hunky Dory?

cruzingqueen

The picture on this thread does not match my memory of Hunkey Dorey, yet I have seen the young man in the picture in the Lido buffet. The man we remember is older, tall and slender and works dinners in the dining room. The kindest man ever. I remember seeing "my Hunky Dorey" on one side of the buffet and seeing the younger man in the pictures also in the Lido, maybe on the other side?

The picture on this thread does not match my memory of Hunkey Dorey, yet I have seen the young man in the picture in the Lido buffet. The man we remember is older, tall and slender and works dinners in the dining room. The kindest man ever. I remember seeing "my Hunky Dorey" on one side of the buffet and seeing the younger man in the pictures also in the Lido, maybe on the other side?

On my last 2 Zuiderdam cruises, it was Hunky Dory (the guy in the pic here is the original if there are imposters) and Okey Dokey was on the other side of the Lido at the beginning of the serving line. I can't say that he appeared older, but definitely taller.

On my last 2 Zuiderdam cruises, it was Hunky Dory (the guy in the pic here is the original if there are imposters) and Okey Dokey was on the other side of the Lido at the beginning of the serving line. I can't say that he appeared older, but definitely taller.
Cruzingqueen is right. That smiling face on post #4 of this thread is the real McCoy, the original Hunky Dory. On our last cruise on the Z in Nov, he was our main dining steward and we overheard the folks at the table behind us calling someone Okey Dokey but I did not turn to see who they were speaking to. Imam HD Hunky Dory is the real deal. :D

Great news! Hunky Dory will be staying in the Lido now for ALL to meet and enjoy! He will be the first person who greets you in the buffet line at the Lido and will hand you a tray and plate. Tell him you've heard all about him on these boards and he will light up. I have copied all the postings thus far and he received them Saturday (with his joke book so be prepared).

It IS Hunky Dorey !!! We love him !! We had the honor of meeting him in July 2004. He's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen .. for those of you who don't know him... once you tell him your name, he never forgets it the whole cruise ... NEVER !! I honestly don't know how he does it. Don't be sad Hunky .. WE LOVE YOU !!!

1407373537_July2004-Cruise(224).JPG.971aadcf8839400f9eb13ae03b0cbf55.JPG

Archived