Epic to FLL airport, AND HURRY

Gypsea

Hi all you Epic ~ NCL cruisers..

I would love your thoughts on the erliest flight POSSIBLE with express debarkation from Ft Lauderdale or just tell me how early you were in your car, taxi, etc if you used express db.

I would be forever grateful!

Rita

PS I know the NCL guidelines (12) but have no intention of using their transfers

Hi all you Epic ~ NCL cruisers..

I would love your thoughts on the erliest flight POSSIBLE with express debarkation from Ft Lauderdale or just tell me how early you were in your car, taxi, etc if you used express db.

I would be forever grateful!

Rita

PS I know the NCL guidelines (12) but have no intention of using their transfers

FYI,

It is only about 15-20 minutes from disembarkation to the FLL airport and the taxi fare is $15-$20 dollars. You can be there and at the gate in 30 minutes, so plan accordingly. Personally, I would say if you do everything right, you could get a 0930 flight, but realistically, I would plan for 1030.

Just a typical warning, we just happened to hit an accident, on the way from epic to FLL airport, this past April,and it took us much longer than expected. Getting off the ship while carrying our own luggage was super quick, but luckily we had a noon flight, anything earlier, we would have missed it!:eek:

We too have experienced an hour holdup with customs clearing the ship or something to that effect.

If you book your flight you will no doubt stress about it the entire cruise, it's not worth it. There are just too many unknowns that could happen.

Thanks xcomet. I've hit serious traffice in the past too but not on that stretch. I'm hoping that that early on a Saturday won't be too bad. Then there's the security line to consider, another fear.

So from Miami pier to FLL it's not 45 mins. to an hour?? That's the time they tell you but I've forgotten. I didn't remember it being that bad but now I'm a little paranoid. The tickets are booked.

Bearcat it IS a 10:30!!!! and I've been a little worried ~ you knew it was from Miami to FLL, right???? I'm banking on it. Of course you know the NCL ships are in Miami not Ft Ladeeda

Barring a horrific accident or ship mishap I should be good...I'm gonna do it.

I got to FLL around 9:30 after my April Epic cruise. Security was insane! It took over 45 minutes to go through...the line started near the car rentals. 45 min was actually pretty quick for how long the line was. I wouldn't book anything before 11, and even that is pushing it for me. I recommend using SAS Transportation. $15 per person from the port to FLL. A cab ride will be much more expensive. It's about a half hour from the port to FLL.

If we are lucky enough to be there by 930 we'll be fine. As long as that's possible, I'm willing to gamble on the rest.

Last time I flew I waited two hours for our delayed plane so there's another possibility. Sure, it's unlikely but it's saved me once and it may be more frequent these days.

Archived