Wine Bar/wine tasting room close to Canada Place

I wanted to know if anybody knew of a good Wine Bar or tasting room in Vancouver close to Canada Place. I'd hate to fly our wine up there with us when we could easily get some by the hotel. I guess by Wine Bar I mean somewhere that you can have a glass and then buy a bottle to take with you if you like it, not just a regular bar.

Thanks in advance.

That's ok...I found what looks to be a Canadian version of BevMo close to the hotel and it seems to have a decent wine selection so I think we'll just stop there sometime before we board the ship. I looked around but didn't see anything like I was talking about, just places to eat with bars...

• 1 month later...

I believe there is a wine bar inside the Pan Pacific Hotel which is above the cruise ship terminal. I haven't tried it, though, and don't know if you can buy bottles there. However, there is a wine store in a shopping mall a 2.5 block walk from Canada Place, it is right across from the Waterfront train station. I have a picture of the station on my blog, with walking directions from there to Canada Place, you just have to do it in reverse - the wine store is inside the mall (can`t remember the name of the mall) right across the street.

Actually, I was referring to the Five Sails Restaurant inside the Pan Pacific Hotel. I thought I saw a sign inside the hotel referring to it as a "restaurant and wine bar", but I could be wrong. I didn't actually go in to investigate. I didn't notice the bar you are talking about inside the Waterfront station, but you are right about the liquor store: I was thinking of the BC Liquor Store in the Harbour Centre.

To the OP, none of the bars/lounges above can sell you a bottle of wine to take away. The liquor laws are very strict in BC and as far as I know, you can only buy bottles of wine from LCBC stores (government liquor stores), licensed wine stores, or direct from winery tasting rooms.

I think you'd be better off bringing wines with you from California. :)

Otherwise, just go to a BC liquor store to buy. The staff are generally quite knowledgeable about the products they sell and can give you some advice about what to buy without tasting. :D

Archived