Live from the Caribbean Princess

Frugalist

Another beautiful day in paradise. Warm weather, sunny skies, nice breeze blowing as we head towards Princess Cay. We just finished lunch. Another oriental spread in Cafe Caribe --- loads of sushi and some Chinese dishes. Of course we saved room for dessert. Went down to the Coral dining room for some of Princess's delicious fresh ice cream. This afternoon's choices are pistachio, chocolate curucao, and butterscotch. Yummmy!

We were looking off the back of the ship, behind the Caribe Cafe and I came up with a great idea for a new ship's excursion. Why don't they take folks out behind the ship in one of the tender boats and let people surf the ship's wake?! We're sailing along at 22 kts. and kicking up a pretty good sized wake. They could charge $50 an hour and include a choice of surf boards. I'm surprised no one's thought of that before. :)

I'm trying to find the captain's circle hostess so I can ask her about the wireless laptop internet access. She's proving to be quite elusive so far.

I enjoy giving these updates and answering questions. When I get home, I'll bookmark this thread and it will serve as my daily journal of what we did on our cruise. In the past I've kept a journal on my PDA, but this is easier, and it's more fun to share with everyone else. Besides, when I'm home, my keyboard is surgically attached to my hand. I'm always on the computer.

Today's the final art auction. I normally don't go in for these, but today they're auctioning off the navigational chart showing the exact route the ship used on this week's sailing. I'm hoping to make a bid on it. Time to go take a look at the preview. I'll be back later.

lawlamp,

Are you cruising the Caribbean Princess on 10/8?

We just got off her on Saturday (3/12 cruise) and are going to book her for that week (10/8)

We ABSOLUTELY loved the ship!

Ted

Yep, lawlamp is cruising the CB 10/8 and so are we. We have a roll call already started, so drop in and meet the folks already posting. Sounds like we are going to have a great bunch going with us!

Would love to hear all about your trip, so post us a quick review on the roll call and let us know whatever you can. One of the posters has been on her before but the rest of us haven't and are really excited.

Look forward to hearing more from you!

Deena

Deena,

I WILL drop in later!

I plan a full review(at least by my standards :) ) this weekend, so once I complete it, I will stop over and say hello and let you know where it is.

We had a GREAT time, which is why we want to book again for October. Plus we found an aft balcony so it seemed like it was our destiny to cruise again!

Checking in on this thread, makes me relive some great memories from last week.

Ted

How has the entertainment been this cruise? We're on the 4/23 sailing.

Thanks.

Entertainment quality is so personal and subjective. You may love something we hate and vice versa. However, given that, we have found the entertainment to be a mixed bag from downright horrible(the "juggler/comedian" in Explorer's lounge Sunday night) to outstanding (Bert Stratton). I know someone's going to think the juggler was the best entertainer he's ever seen in his life. That's ok too.

The great thing about this ship is there's enough going on to keep everyone happy. Every night you'll have at least a half dozen things to choose from. Right now I'm sitting in the library and Robert Smith is playing and singing right outside the library door. He features light island sounds and it is so cool to be surfing the web while listening to him. Better than listening to the kids cackle in the Internet Cafe.

If you find nothing to your taste, you can always sit out on the open deck and watch the full moon roll across the sky. We've done that too this trip.

Today's the final art auction. I normally don't go in for these, but today they're auctioning off the navigational chart showing the exact route the ship used on this week's sailing. I'm hoping to make a bid on it. Time to go take a look at the preview. I'll be back later.

When I was on the CB last summer they had the FINAL art auction 3 times. :D

Bill

Frugalist: If you are enjoying Bert Stratton, be sure to buy his cd's, he has two. They are both equally good. And if you get a chance to talk to Bert, ask him when he plans on recording a third cd.

Glad you're having a good time on your cruise.

Marly

Here's the complete list (I posted the rums a little earlier):

Remy martin VSOP - $38 per bottle

Grand Marnier - 38

JW Black Lable - 38

Chivas Regal - 35

Jack Daniels - 35

Drambuie - 35

Bailey's Irish Cream - 30

Grey Goose - 30

J&B Rare - 25

Bombay Sapphire - 25

Jameson Irish - 25

Crown Royal - 25

Stolichnaya - 20

Smirnoff - 20

Beefeater - 20

Seagram 7 Crown - 20

Absolut - 20

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the information. These prices are very comparable to those on RCCL after their $9.50 surcharge. We are really looking forward to sailing on CP. Thanks again.

Bill,

When I was on several weeks ago, to best of my memory in the Dining Rooms...but I could be confused.

Saturday - Sailaway Dinner

Sunday - Captain's Welcome Dinner

Monday - Italian Night

Tuesday - Caribbean

Wednesday - Chef's Dinner

Thursday - Captain's Gala

Friday - Landfall Dinner

In Cafe Caribe...

Saturday - (closed) but Horizon had Sailaway Buffet "Chilled Seafood Extravaganza"

Sunday - "Welcome Dinner Buffet" Grilled Lobster and Roast Beef Tenderloin

Monday - "Bierfest" Bavarian cuisine

Tuesday - Rijstafel "Rice Table" Buffet

Wednesday - Down Island Hunter's Spread

Thursday - "Seafood Extravaganza" w/Grilled lobster and Beef Wellington

Friday - Creole Cookery

Saturday :( time for me to start cooking again.

Nicecara could very well be correct with the menu schedule. If you notice, the Frugalist itinerary is flip flopped from other sailings including the 4/2/05 sailing where we will hit Princess Cays on the way out instead of on the way back.

Kim

tjatczak, welcome to our group for the 10/8/05 cruise, like deena (dbmiller) said. looks like we are gonna have a great bunch.

frugalist, thank you for all the updates...keeps me dreaming (for the next 6 months)

ssoceanlover, thank you for your site--check it out quite often (great information) actually have printed the menues out and showed to many of the people going on the cruise with me so they can have an idea before we get on the ship!!!!

Nicecara..sorry that you have to cook saturday--just think of us, we have to cook until 10/7/05 (lol)

When I was on the CB last summer they had the FINAL art auction 3 times. :D

Bill

Well, believe it or not, as soon as we set sail from Princess Cays today, there is a ANOTHER Final Art Auction....imagine that!

We did Princess Cays on Friday of my "wonderful" cruise also ...so I am pretty clueless :confused: about the menu order change. Even though I know I'm 100% correct, I could definately be wrong :o because I have been "losing my mind" more often lately...so if any of you ever happen to stumble across a lost mind...it's probably mine :D you can drop it at any post office...most everyone knows it's mine by now and it will find it's way back to me eventually as it has so many times!! :D :D

Frugalist,

We love these "live" threads. We're on the CB, 5-14 sailing and can't get enough info. My DH and I plan on throwing Atkins to the wind for the week and can't wait for the ice cream in the Coral Dining Room. Is this an extra charge? Is this the only dining room you can get it in? I had read that there was ice cream in Horizon Court in the afternoon. Do you know anything about that? OK, spill your guts on all your ice cream info. Can you tell that we are having ice cream flashbacks after a year of sugar free jello? LOL!!!

Thanks for the info and enjoy your last 24 hrs.

Thanks Frugalist for taking the time to faithfully clue us in on the happenings of CP while on your cruise this week!! I wish you a lovely day in Princess Cays and a wonderful evening tonight. The last night is always so depressing and sad, for me anyway!! I will look forward to your last posting tonight!!!! Where are you from?

Kim

Well I have to say that if it is the same thing...that's bogus. Being a swimmer most of my life...there is a difference! Hopefully princess knows that, if not they'll have to hire me when regarding pools, lol. Swim against the current, is when the water is actually moving, like a river does, and you swim at a certain pace to keep up with that current, you can speed it up or slow it down. Lap pools are just to do laps (to the one side of the pool, and then repeat about 1,000 times lol). Although I also noticed in the pictures of the lap pool that it isn't regulation size and it looked like people went to the lap pool to swim when the other pools were full. Hmmph. I guess I'll have to swim under/over them. :D Thanks!

Frugalist,

Would you know if the childrens pool area is in a shade area or in direct sun. We will have our 22 month old grandson along and know he can't be in the sun for very long.

Secondly, if you write a review AFTER you get off, would you indicate what time the first few groups are cleared off the ship. We have a 10:55 flight out of FLL.

Thank for your day to day updates. I do enjoy them.

Frugalist,

We love these "live" threads. We're on the CB, 5-14 sailing and can't get enough info. My DH and I plan on throwing Atkins to the wind for the week and can't wait for the ice cream in the Coral Dining Room. Is this an extra charge? Is this the only dining room you can get it in? I had read that there was ice cream in Horizon Court in the afternoon. Do you know anything about that? OK, spill your guts on all your ice cream info. Can you tell that we are having ice cream flashbacks after a year of sugar free jello? LOL!!!

Thanks for the info and enjoy your last 24 hrs.

There seems to be so much confusion and controversy surrounding the ice cream. Maybe I can clear things up once and for all. Here is where and when you can get free ice cream: In the dining rooms for dessert for lunch and dinner and the Horizon Court mid-afternoon.

Since the Coral was the only dining room open for lunch, that's where you'd go if you want ice cream between noon and 2:00. Several times this week we ate lunch in Horizon Court or Caribe Cafe then went down to the Coral for ice cream.

In the Horizon Court between 3:30 and 4:30.

In all three dining rooms for dinner. The least crowded is the Palm, which is an anytime dining room. Just show up between 5:30 and 10:00. Again, several times we had dinner in Caribe Cafe and went down to Palm for ice cream.

Folks, free ice cream is available 7.5 hours of every day. What's the problem? :)

Archived