Live from the Caribbean Princess

Frugalist

Frugalist,

Would you know if the childrens pool area is in a shade area or in direct sun. We will have our 22 month old grandson along and know he can't be in the sun for very long.

Secondly, if you write a review AFTER you get off, would you indicate what time the first few groups are cleared off the ship. We have a 10:55 flight out of FLL.

Thank for your day to day updates. I do enjoy them.

Sorry, I have no information about the childrens' pool area. Maybe someone else can help you with that.

We live in central Florida and should be home around noon or one o'clock. I'll let you know about the disembarkation tomorrow.

Hi!

Could you tell me who the ship band is? The ones that play at the pool and before Island Night, etc.? Thanks!! Barbara:D

Caribbean Experience. They are very good. Diane and I both enjoyed sitting out on the deck and listening to them.

So glad you're having a great time....we will be on the end of May and one post said that filet mignon was now on the always available menu.....

Could you please let us know if they have added that on as a regular.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and forget it has to end.

So glad you're having a great time....we will be on the end of May and one post said that filet mignon was now on the always available menu.....

Could you please let us know if they have added that on as a regular.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise and forget it has to end.

Sirloin Steak is on the Always Avalable menu in the three main dining rooms, not filet mignon. At least not this week on the Caribbean. The best steak we had this week was one night early in the week -- I think Sunday night -- medallion of beef tenderloin. Tender, juicy and cooked just right. I had two of 'em. :)

Filet Mignon is on the menu at Sterling's Steakhouse, which is open every night. In that sense, I guess someone could technically say filet mignon is always available, but I don't think that's what you're asking about.

Boy you're prompt......thanks so much guess someone was mistaken..again so glad you had a great time and look forward to hearing some more about it.

Safe trip home.

My pleasure. I'm up here for one last shot at the Internet. The crack staff at the Passengers Services Desk has told me that once passenger accounts are closed at midnight (in just over one hour) there can be no more computer access. That makes absolutely no sense to me since there are still bars open past midnight and I know people are still buying drinks as long as the bars are open. I think Passengers Service staff just make up answers at random. Other than making copies of lost key cards, they don't seem to be of much value.

At any rate, I'll probably sign off shortly and not get back here till we get home. It's been a lovely cruise and we both hate for it to end. But we have tons of fabulous memories to relive. And tomorrow, we start the anticipation for the next cruise.

I couldn't find the Captain's Circle hostess when I was looking for her so I asked the crack staff at the Passengers' Service Desk about Wireless Internet Access. I was told that to access the internet on your wireless laptop connection, you have to buy a card from them. I asked if it was free for Platinum members. Nope, only the internet cafe and library. I asked why not? She looked at me like I had three heads. So I repeated her answer: "So the card to access the internet from a wireless notebook is not free for Platinum members?" Her reply confirmed: "No, only the internet cafe is free." I tried again:"Why isn't the wireless card free for Platinum too?" I had the feeling I was speaking Martian. She just looked at me and finally said "It just isn't." I just turned and walked away. So satisfying!!!! God forbid I should ever have to approach Passenger Services with a problem with my account.

Tender, juicy and cooked just right. I had two of 'em.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever ordered a steak on a Princess cruise (I usually like to try different things)... but I was wondering....

I usually order my steak "rare"... Does the waiter ask how you want that cooked, as in a "regular" restaurant?

I would imagine that with sooooo many people, it would get pretty hectic if everyone was ordering "specialty" steaks!!

Thank you very much for checking on that...I was afraid of that...nobody really knows what the difference is (one charges/one doesn't) ....too weird.....I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks(Maybe find out!)

I couldn't find the Captain's Circle hostess when I was looking for her so I asked the crack staff at the Passengers' Service Desk about Wireless Internet Access. I was told that to access the internet on your wireless laptop connection, you have to buy a card from them. I asked if it was free for Platinum members. Nope, only the internet cafe and library. I asked why not? She looked at me like I had three heads. So I repeated her answer: "So the card to access the internet from a wireless notebook is not free for Platinum members?" Her reply confirmed: "No, only the internet cafe is free." I tried again:"Why isn't the wireless card free for Platinum too?" I had the feeling I was speaking Martian. She just looked at me and finally said "It just isn't." I just turned and walked away. So satisfying!!!! God forbid I should ever have to approach Passenger Services with a problem with my account.

Frugalist,

Secondly, if you write a review AFTER you get off, would you indicate what time the first few groups are cleared off the ship. We have a 10:55 flight out of FLL.

Thank for your day to day updates. I do enjoy them.

No plans to write a further review. All the good stuff is in this thread.

Friday afternoon, the captain announced the schedule for arrival into Port Everglades: 5:00 entry into the channel, tied up at the pier by 5:30. Baby, when this brother talks, you'd better listen to him. I was on deck watching us approach port, and at 5:00, we were exactly passing the Ft. Lauderdale beaches, entering the channel. At 5:30 the last of the ropes was secured and we were tied up! Now that is impressive scheduling!

The first group was cleared to disembark 8:00. We were waiting for our daughter to pick us up and were in no hurry to leave as she was running a little late. We finally disembarked when "last call" was announced at 10:15.

Oh, what a lovely cruise.

Thanks, Frugalist for the thorough reporting.

You have to love Captain Romano, don't you?;)

Do you remember if Nicola Furlan still the Maitre'd?

We're returning to the CB in a few weeks and your posts really helped whet our appetites...well, that and all the talk of food :)

Welcome back to dry land.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I have ever ordered a steak on a Princess cruise (I usually like to try different things)... but I was wondering....

I usually order my steak "rare"... Does the waiter ask how you want that cooked, as in a "regular" restaurant?

I would imagine that with sooooo many people, it would get pretty hectic if everyone was ordering "specialty" steaks!!

Order your steak the way you like it best and that's exactly how you'll get it. I usually like mine medium and Diane likes hers medium-well. They always came cooked perfectly.

Thanks, Frugalist for the thorough reporting.

You have to love Captain Romano, don't you?;)

We're returning to the CB in a few weeks and your posts really helped whet our appetites...well, that and all the talk of food :)

Sorry, crusdiva, we can't find any info in the Patters or other documents on who the Maitre'd is. We had no contact with him, so we don't know from personal experience. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you out with that.

Crusdiva,

Nicola Furlan is still the Maitre'D. We were on the same cruise as Frugalist and he is definitely still the Maitre'D.

Did you get a "Pirate" night? I have seen posting of photos of people (Princess cruise workers dressed up as Pirates) and they come around. Princess takes photos and puts a cool boarder around it. Was wondering if it is one a certain night, time and dinning room? They were taken at the dinner table....

Also, do you know what some of the backgrounds were on casual photo night, when they took photos???

Did you get a "Pirate" night? I have seen posting of photos of people (Princess cruise workers dressed up as Pirates) and they come around. Princess takes photos and puts a cool boarder around it. Was wondering if it is one a certain night, time and dinning room? They were taken at the dinner table....

Also, do you know what some of the backgrounds were on casual photo night, when they took photos???

There was a "Pirate" night on either Monday or Tuesday. I did not see them in our dining room (Palm) though, probably because it was personal choice. As for photos, they were taking portraits every night of the week to the best of my recollection.

If I ever get the time, I will post a formal review of the whole week.

Archived